• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Settling on a bag

Spence2551

Bogey Member
After trying many discs I think I am finally settling on a few. For some background I have been playing weekly for about a year and a half and can consistently hit about 280 on a golf line (RHBH).

Let me know what you think any input is appreciated.

Drivers

Teebird 175g Champion - Used as an overstable driver and for headwinds
Teebird 165g Star – Stable with predictable fade
Valkyrie 150g DX – Used for max D
Avenger SS 164g Z – I took of the flashing and it has beaten in to be fairly flippy I use it for turnovers and annies.

Midranges
Buzzz 177g Z – I throw it for shots that I want to fade at the end.
Comet Max weight Z – used for shots when I want minimal fade.
Comet Max weight X – used mainly for annies.

Putters
Voodoo First Run 175g – Main Putter
Voodoo 150g – Sometimes used for longer puts on calm days.

I want to try an Ion but haven't gotten one yet.

At your distance your setup seems solid and minimalistic.

That DX valk will eventually beat in to be a turnover disc which would allow you to throw a new one in the bag and scrap the avenger SS. I just recently scrapped my avenger SS's as they were too inconsistent for me - Im now throwing beat up tp cyclones, they are slower and a little more predictable (for me anyways).

A teebird isnt a true headwind disc and as you start gaining more D you might want to upgrade to something thats overstable - maybe try a lighter weight pred (or XXX or Firebird), which is also useful for a lot more shots than headwinds.

disc golf!

You need something beefier than a Champ Teechikn for headwinds.

Take your pick:

Firechicken
Predator
XXX

EDIT: I didn't notice at first, that your Avenger was an SS. The AvSS overlaps somewhat with a Valk. Choose one.

I agree that I will need something more stable. I used to have a firebird but it got lost recently. My wife got me the Champ TB for valentines day and it defiantly fades pretty hard when I throw it so it is working for now.

I do plan on dropping the Avenger SS and picking up a few more valks. When I was trying to decide on a driver I auditioned the Avenger SS, Valk, and the JLS. Out of the three I liked the valk the best, but still have the others lying around incase I change my mind.

at 275ft u probably should try carrying something to throw into headwinds? I think a XXX would just be too much it is soooooooooo stable......so i think a firechicken or a pred is your best bet.....get one used might be better if it is a little less stable worn.

used is better sometimes...when you get to 400 feet then get a XXX

Haven't posted for a while, figured I would update by bag to what I am currently using.

On I side note, I went out and played with 4 discs I had in my car yesterday because I forgot by bag. I ended up playing my best round in months. 11x Champ Eagle, CE JLS, D Buzz, and an E Magic.

Drivers

Z Pred – Overstable duties.
170 Star Valk. – Main Driver
160 DX Teebird beat - used for hyzer flips.
Really Beat 150 DX Valk. - used for turnover and rollers.

Midranges
Buzzz 177g Z – Usually throw it on soft hyzers.
D Eclipse – I picked this up when Marshal Street had their D plastic on sale for 5$ I actually really like this disc holds lines well.

Putters
Soft Ion – Main Putter
Medium Ion – Longer approaches
D Zone – Overstable putter.

Latest posts