• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SFO broadcast question

I liked it. It wasn't rushed and cut short, we may have been watching more ads, but I've learned to tune them out and read the chat anyway.

I know this wasn't asked, but I like the booth a lot better than on site. They feel a little more "free" to talk, and I feel like some of the distances were judged better.

Thanks for all you guys have been doing. It's been a great season so far.

Sometimes the chat is rather stupid but sometimes its more entertaining than the golf.

It is really funny, I feel so disconnected from the chat recently. I have left the chat up to the booth lately and our moderators do a pretty good job keeping things civil. Very odd feeling considering I was much more active in there in the past.

If there can only be two simultaneous cameras, then I think filming a second group is more important than having a catch cam. This would dramatically improve the flow of the broadcast and you could continue to have the FPO coverage precede the MPO.

If there can only be two simultaneous cameras, then I think filming a second group is more important than having a catch cam. This would dramatically improve the flow of the broadcast and you could continue to have the FPO coverage precede the MPO.

10 years ago I would have agreed with you. But the courses have gotten so long that without a 2nd camera to cover the catch, the guys in the booth are REALLY left hanging as to where the disc lands. I think it may hurt the commentary. But I appreciate your input.

10 years ago I would have agreed with you. But the courses have gotten so long that without a 2nd camera to cover the catch, the guys in the booth are REALLY left hanging as to where the disc lands. I think it may hurt the commentary. But I appreciate your input.

Maybe that's what the field reporter could help with.

Respectfully disagree. I prefer having a catch cam to show where the disc lands, skips, rolls to, goes in the basket (see: Philo's albatross). Having just a throw cam is not enjoyable viewing for me, and just throw cams on two cards is double the problem...

Latest posts