• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shared Pin?

Thinking about having a shared pin for two different holes is that too crazy?

I wouldn't say it is ideal. Are the holes coming in opposite directions? Will either shot be blind? Are you wanting to run tournaments there?

Is this ABSOLUTELY the only way you can get the course in? Can you not reevaluate the layout and modify one or more holes to fit a full 18 in?

Thinking about having a shared pin for two different holes is that too crazy?

I've seen it work.

Johnson Street - High Point, NC (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=694)

Hole 9 and 18 are near each other (holes 1 and 10 start at the front of the course) - only a small patch of woods (which is hole 10) is between them. Their pins are no more than 50 feet apart, but they are guarded from each other by those woods.

Hole 18 has two permanent pins - and when you are playing the gold layout, hole 9 becomes a par 4 to 18's pin and hole 18 then plays to the 2nd pin.

It's not ideal, but it works if you know the layout.

We have a shared pin at Whispering Falls. It's an alternate location for holes 5 and 17. So if 5 is in the short pin, 17 is in the long(shared) pin. If 17 is in its short pin, 5 can be in the long (shared) pin. It's worked well for us and hasn't caused any backup or safety issues in tournaments that I'm aware of.

Place a large gong behind the pin, so the card putting out can signal to the other group that the coast is clear. Also because gongs are awesome.

Are we talking about an actual shared basket or just a position that can be used for different holes? The former is not desirable and should be avoided. The latter can add a lot of variety to a course if done correctly.

Place a large gong behind the pin, so the card putting out can signal to the other group that the coast is clear. Also because gongs are awesome.

Do you need to do a bad dance, joke, or juggling act before you hit said gong?

Also, does a giant hook come out and pull you away from the pin and towards the next teepad?

If so, that would be the bomb.

Actual shared pin between proposed hole #7 and what is hole #9 (would be 10). Outflow course in Cortland Ohio. The two fairways would be at 90 degree angles from each other. I will get some graphics to show arial of the layout.

Rough graphics of the layout #7 is the propsoed addition #10 exists now as #9. These two would share a pin. Please note flow to next tee.

Attachments

• outflow.jpg
    outflow.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 26
It doesn't look like #7 needs to be there. Lots of other places you could put #7 pin.

Doesn't look safe to me. Is that a creek of some kind? Where is the crossing if so?

Doesn't look safe to me. Is that a creek of some kind? Where is the crossing if so?

Creek splits the course in half. No crossing except at dam. No area in triangle between creek , rocks,and ditch is ob. Acoe didnt want permanent structure in area.

Goal is to add 2 holes to get to 12 for tourney use. Twelve holer across the street (squirrel run). 3 x 12 gets 36. l