• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Shorter Comet?

I'd say just about any standard putter in a premium plastic. Not one designed for overstable flights and wind but any good premium neutral putter should work fine. Opto Pure for now but when that Lucid Judge gets dropped on the world with it's bead, fo shizzle. :D

There are very few discs in premium plastics that are going to glide like a comet, base plastics are going to be a whole lot easier to get that kind of flight.

There are very few discs in premium plastics that are going to glide like a comet, base plastics are going to be a whole lot easier to get that kind of flight.

That's my mistake I thought the OP wanted a shorter Z comet and not just a comet. Base plastic would certainly be the best for him in that case. Get a judge in fuzion plastic and get super glide and durability! *Rabble Rabble Rabble* :popcorn:

Why not power down the comet?
I'm a comet addict, fh/bh it's the greatest disc ever made. Part of its greatness is it pretty much flies the same dead straight line at 150' that it does at 300'
I'll often use it fh for the really short stuff, very point and shoot and great disc for running the basket fh.

APX/Reef would be my vote.

Interesting question though. Aero is not bad IMO a Champ Aero (oop now I think) most closely resembles a X Comet, so if you're used to throwing a Z/ESP Comet then you might find the Aeros more flippy (unless the Stars are more resistant to turn than the DX or Champs are). Zeppelin, Rattler, Polecat, Summit, (beat to hell) Magic are all decent options. Those D Ace Race foci might work too.

I would say a Swan, Magic, Zeppelin, or Aero. Any of those would fit the bill nicely, just depends on which one feels the best to you.

Vibram Summit. Flies extremely similar lines to a comet, just a little shorter and with less glide.

Swan2 > Magic > APX

All great understable putters that can drive incredibly straight lines. Its that sweet spot in stability that is very obedient to release angle and can be manipulated into a ton of long held lines.

I main Swan2s as my primary putter. I no longer carry a midrange more understable than a beaten in Pain because the Swan2 covers this shot.

The correct answer to "what is a shorter Comet" is the APX.

All other answers may (or may not) receive partial credit depending on how wrong they are. :|

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have a magic that I only tried putting with but I will have to try it as a driving putter! I should be able to try a buddies Pure. The Zeppelin seems a bit hard to get. How about the Spike?

I use the Spike as my mini Comet. It has about the same stability as a Comet and similar glide. I've gotten mine to hold big anny lines like my Comet would, except a little shorter. I used to throw Magics as mini Comets but they didn't feel right in my hand. I love the grip pads on the Spike too. It's different, but it feels nice.

Latest posts