• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I start building an ark?

I only usually get one day off a week, and I got two this weekend, so I was psyched to go out discing, and it rained and rained and rained. I ended up playing my home course on saturday but it was super windy and raining so we both shot shivvy. I know. It sucks.

"And Noah who is Sean Connery says " I'm building a speedboat at the moment, much faster, it will shoot across the water much fater, It'll make great pictures for the bible. "
Gotta love Eddie Izzard

rusch_bag said:
When is the rain going to stop. Someone please tell me, I think I am going insane.

You should come to the Houston area. We haven't had a decent rain in 3 weeks.

All of the ponds at my local course are now connected via a stream that has formed through the back 9 :(

SE Wisconsin has been getting raped this past week

I do look forward to playing it when the rain breaks, simply for the extra challenege. Ill just have to make sure and wear the swim trunks.

You wisconsinites must be the only ones getting it.

I've driven all over the past 4 weeks and have seen less rain in the past 4 weeks than in any 4 week period in the past year. I was in Wisconsin 3 days last week (Green Bay, Appleton, Wassau and Racine) and it rained for a total of 2hrs in those 3 days. I've also been thru Ill,IN,OH,KY,TN,NC,SC,NJ,PA,NY, and ON and have seen almost no rain in the past 4 wks.

It may just be my dumb luck making up for the winter months when it snowed nearly everywhere I went.

Iowa, Wisconsin, and central Illinois and Indiana got hammered in the last few weeks. Wisconsin really got it bad in the last week with many areas picking up 8-10 inches of rain just since Friday.

Here's the weekly precipitation map: http://www.intellicast.com/National/Precipitation/Weekly.aspx

It's not just Wisconsin. It's been raining off and on here since last Thursday. We got almost 6 inches of rain here in SW GR on Saturday night alone. I don't think it's ever going to dry out.

Heat wave here in CT. 95 and sunny for the last three days, and for the forseeable future as well. Would kill for some rain.

Saw some coverage of the flooding on tv today. They were showing mass flooding in Racine, WI. They must have just got a ton of rain in the last two days. I was there Thursday and there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Speaking of heat I was in Duncan, SC over the weekend and it was 102. :shock:

roadkill said:
Saw some coverage of the flooding on tv today. They were showing mass flooding in Racine, WI. They must have just got a ton of rain in the last two days. I was there Thursday and there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Racine got about 4 inches of rain over the weekend. Not as much as the Dells, where they got about 8 inches, with totals closer to 12 inches west of the Dells. All in this past weekend! The rivers are swelling I'm sure.

cmlasley said:
I've been hucking sandbags for three days solid. I'm a pro now.

For the record, sandbags are overstable.

Have you tried taking the flashing off and tuning them?

geoloseth said:
cmlasley said:
I've been hucking sandbags for three days solid. I'm a pro now.

For the record, sandbags are overstable.

Have you tried taking the flashing off and tuning them?

I'll give that a try. The nice thing is that they are good for upshots. They pretty much stick where they land.

roman said:
roadkill said:

Racine got about 4 inches of rain over the weekend. Not as much as the Dells, where they got about 8 inches, with totals closer to 12 inches west of the Dells. All in this past weekend! The rivers are swelling I'm sure.

any of you guys see the video footage of the houses that got washed away at lake delton by the Dells??? F-ing crazy!!! :shock: