• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Similar to P1/P1x for putting?

Somebody already mentioned the Keystone and I can highly recommend this disc. It is definitely at least just as straight if not straighter than the P1. It's also glidier which could help with your "weak outside the circle putts".

So here is what I found, putting from 29' which is the furthest I can go with my indoor setup:

MVP Anode and Streamline Pilot:
Too fast for what I'm looking for, more fade than I would like.

Gateway Magic:
Has a raised stamp under the disc at the center. No matter how I hold it, my middle finger rests on the stamp. I basically like how this disc flies, but I can't focus on putting with the annoying stamp as a distraction.

Legacy Hunter:
This is actually pretty indistinguishable from the P1. I like it.

Lat64 Keystone:
Wow. Love at first throw. I didn't realize it was possible for a putter to be straighter than a P1. Slow and glidey. It feels almost lid-like, which takes me back to my days of playing ultimate. I have never thrown a putter like this before. Ordered 3 more.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Update: I still like the Keystone but am struggling to be as consistent as I am with P1s. I feel like it's slightly easier to get the Keystone to the basket from farther distances, but I just sink more putts with the P1.

Argh, been putting with P1s for most of the last 8 years or so. The four I have left should last the rest of the season, then I have 4 P1Xs which are basically the same. I hope Discmania gets to do another run in the next few years....

Update: I still like the Keystone but am struggling to be as consistent as I am with P1s. I feel like it's slightly easier to get the Keystone to the basket from farther distances, but I just sink more putts with the P1.

Argh, been putting with P1s for most of the last 8 years or so. The four I have left should last the rest of the season, then I have 4 P1Xs which are basically the same. I hope Discmania gets to do another run in the next few years....

Isn't the Keystone deeper then the P1 or P1X?

Almost certain the whale is the same mold. (as the P1x)
Whale might be a hair deeper. Either way, it flies pretty straight.

Whale is deeper and more OS than a P1X.

To the OP, the Link beats in quick in the base plastic and is super straight.