• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Six Molds

suprnva

Par Member
I posted this on dgcoursereview.com and got a pretty good response so I thought I'd put it up here to see what people say/think.

If there was a rule stating you can only carry six molds, no more or less, in your bag, what would they be and what would each mold be there for?

I'll start:

Surge - Max Distance.
XS - Tunnels, Turnover drives, Tailwinds.
Predator - Big Hyzers, Headwinds.
Buzzz - Straight and slight turning shots from 150'-275'.
Drone - Big turning and headwind shots from 150'-275'.
Challenger - All putt and approach shots from 150' in.

This is actually my exact bag right now (except I also have a couple Xpress' in there because I was trying to learn rollers but they haven't been working out for me) so I'm pretty happy.

Wizard
Roc
Predator
Valkyrie
SOLF
Destroyer

All shots are covered with this bag.

In my current bag I also carry a Champ Gator and a couple DX Eagle-Xs. I feel the Gator shots can be mostly covered between new Rocs and Predators, and the Eagle-X shots can be mostly covered between the Predators, Valks, and SOLFs.

Wizard
Roc
Demon (will possibly be replaced with Gator)
TL
Orc
Wraith

Easy.

Wizard
buzz
teebird
firebird
roadrunner

umm, and one more wizard. Really only need 4 molds to feel complete (the above - fb), only need the wiz and buzz for some of the smaller courses I play.

Magnet
Roc
Eagle
Starfire
Boss
XXX

thats what im throwing right now....but i do have a pro starfire (SL) for understable duties so i guess ive got 7 :?

Challenger
Buzzz
Predator
Avenger
Avenger SS or Flash (depending on the course length)
Force

I'm surprised that I got it down to that so easily, considering I carry so many more than that.

Latest posts