• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Six Molds

pro destroyer
z surge ss
pro leopard
champ firebird
roc
wizard

just took out a x avenger that i had from day one, best utility disc ever. i would hate to lose it this fall and winter. test driving the firebird as the new utility disc to handle overhands, flicks, spike hyzers and generally holes needing only lefts. hopefully its a good choice.

mzoro said:
pro destroyer
z surge ss
pro leopard
champ firebird
roc
wizard

just took out a x avenger that i had from day one, best utility disc ever. i would hate to lose it this fall and winter. test driving the firebird as the new utility disc to handle overhands, flicks, spike hyzers and generally holes needing only lefts. hopefully its a good choice.

The Firebird and X Avenger are not anywhere close to similar.

discspeed said:
mzoro said:
pro destroyer
z surge ss
pro leopard
champ firebird
roc
wizard

yeah i know, the avenger was the second disc i ever had. i didn't know poop about disc ratings back then. i also didn't have much of an arm, so it always hyzered off. i orignally used the discs as a long hyzer disc. as i got better, it got longer and straighter, and then as it got beat it just got designated to utility disc because i was able to use it for any kind of shot. for its replacement i'm looking for a slower speed very overstable disc. friends suggested the firebird or predator.

mzoro said:
discspeed said:
mzoro said:
pro destroyer
z surge ss
pro leopard
champ firebird
roc
wizard

yeah i know, the avenger was the second disc i ever had. i didn't know poop about disc ratings back then. i also didn't have much of an arm, so it always hyzered off. i orignally used the discs as a long hyzer disc. as i got better, it got longer and straighter, and then as it got beat it just got designated to utility disc because i was able to use it for any kind of shot. for its replacement i'm looking for a slower speed very overstable disc. friends suggested the firebird or predator.

Firebird is excellent at this...Its what's in my bag as well.

Star Boss
Star Whippet
Star Eagle
Star TL
KC Pro Roc
KC Pro Aviar

This is my current bag setup.

so far i'm liking the firebird too. only thrown a couple thumbers, but its preformed great. killer barrel roll with a gone of glide toward the end. every other post i've read about firebirds and overhands says that it performs better as a line drive overhand. i gave the ones i threw a ton of height and it was awesome. the x-out i got is wicked flat not sure if that's why.

Firebird
PD
Leopard
Roc
Wizard
VP

This is my bag right now, though I don't know if it actually counts as 6 since there's Ontario and Rancho Rocs, and I can see the speed-11-plus stuff coming back some day. I'm having pretty good luck with heavy champ Leo's for fairway drivers, but I've got an X-Cyclone on the way to audition for that spot too. (For what it's worth, this looks almost nothing like my pre-DGR bag, and I like it way way better. Thanks y'alls.)

Champion Boss
Star Destroyer
Champion 12x TeeBird
Champion Katana
Elite Z Drone
Either Wizard or Voodoo

Boss is for open distance while the Destroyer is more for hyzered distance. I have really come to like the TeeBird for anything 300 to 350. The Katana is such a great turn over disc but fading back enough to land flat, however I have been flipping it a little too much recently but that has given me hope that I can develop a 500+ foot roller drive. Knowing I can touch approach with whatever putter I am using, I can make the Drone fly any other line I need.

Preferably I would like to have two or three more drivers, and two or three more mids in my bag, but if I had to narrow it down to six, this is what I would use.

Frank Delicious said:
I can't imagine having only a Z drone for all my mid duties.

Your imagination just sucks! I can imagine it and its kind of funny.

If I'm choosing six they would be:

Xcaliber
Predator
Teebird
Buzzz
Voodoo
???...maybe a Leopard...

I think the last disc would depend on whether I was limited to six molds or six discs...

From a 200 to 300ish drive, if there is enough room to the right and I can hyzer in, I go with the Drone. It is a consistent line and I rarely have to worry about the wind. I get some very predictable skips with it that help me considerably.

The question of the thread is if I had to settle with six molds. I have far more than that in my actual bag so I am not forced to go with the Drone in all situations. But I am fairly comfortable enough with it if I were forced to.

I really just wanted to know your logic behind 3 super fast drivers and only 1 mid. Just seemed odd to me.