• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SkittleBomb technique thread

Have you ever done this on a champ-type disc?

I don't recall ever seeing you post any, but I bet it'd look sweet on a crystal clear disc.

The one I posted was a milky Opto- so a translucent Opto will probably take it well. I've got a clear Elasto sampo I'm gonna dive into when I get home. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Have you ever done this on a champ-type disc?

I don't recall ever seeing you post any, but I bet it'd look sweet on a crystal clear disc.

I have... it's on my facebook page somewhere... it was whatever DD is calling their stuff these days. I think it worked pretty well.

Here it is....

10458443_665429380238637_6300679272766089403_n.jpg

Edit: I'm excited to see what you can do with this sir!

Actually that's a Fuzion Dyemax fugitive. Was mine ;) it just looks as if it's a semi opaque blend.

I gave the suspect, reluctantly, to a buddy I disc golf with allot in St. Helens. Trying to convert him to suspects, he's a sidearmer. He really enjoys it.

The trespass I still throw allot! And the fugitive I traded, and of course wish I never had. I really would like for it to find its way back to me :)

All the dye jobs were fantastic, random and perfect!

I gave the suspect, reluctantly, to a buddy I disc golf with allot in St. Helens. Trying to convert him to suspects, he's a sidearmer. He really enjoys it.

The trespass I still throw allot! And the fugitive I traded, and of course wish I never had. I really would like for it to find its way back to me :)

All the dye jobs were fantastic, random and perfect!

I appreciate that buddy!

I can't believe I just intently watched a microwave for 30 seconds... What'd I think would happen? Explosions? ;)

Very interesting technique and obvious results! Think I'll try it for a background on one of these bitchin' clear 400s M3s I got from Okthrowberfest! :thmbup:

Had a bunch of white plastic that needed something. Haven't ordered worm dip yet so no spin dying, no vinyl for stencils, but lo and behold- I've got some fat. I think I may end up stenciling over a couple of these with some black patterns

I can't believe I just intently watched a microwave for 30 seconds... What'd I think would happen? Explosions? ;)

Very interesting technique and obvious results! Think I'll try it for a background on one of these bitchin' clear 400s M3s I got from Okthrowberfest! :thmbup:

As said before... 30 seconds was a bit too long for this mix. Without the acetone... it would have been fine. I recommend 10 second increments. Honestly, i was just trying to get this done in one shot.

I may need to join the craze and try it. It looks like alot of fun. It still kinda blows my mind.

You're brilliant. And you're awesome because you shared it. There's going to be a bunch of awesome discs made because you did that.

I havent really been using the technique lately... busy with life. Im actually really just selfish and wanted to live vicariously through you guys.

Nobody is getting rich quick doing this. I love idea of sharing techniques. I stumbled across this over a series of events.

I had been using punky colour for brainwaves (probably not what jeff actually uses). Saw that glycerin was the main ingredient for the punky colour.. which gives it the texture that is easy to work with. Whats the cheapest fat to use... lard. So... i started mixing lard with soap and dye.. voila. Didnt make the prettiest brainwaves... so i started doing just more of a shaving cream-esque technique using the lard. As i started to wash it off one day with hit water... i noticed the streaking. This is what i started doing with the drizzle technique with the hot water... then that graduated to a hair dryer. Drizzle technique is just basically putting all of the dye at 12 o clock... and then using the hair dryer to melt the dye down the disc. This makes it look like melted crayons.

Anyway... glad to see people finally jumping on board! Thanks for the compliments... but like i said... im selfish and just want to see more dyes and techniques shared.

Honestly, i was just trying to get this done in one shot.

Don't get me wrong! I wasn't dogging you at all! The one-shot worked great and was VERY informative. I just honestly caught myself watching a microwave run with true anticipation building up in my chest. I don't know what I expected, but I laughed at myself after.

Got some supplies last night and will give this a shot after work. :thmbup:

The Bomb

I haven't done any dyeing for a while but I knew sooner or later I would have to give this technique a try, they just look too cool. I was a little apprehensive about how it would turn out. I didn't have any powdered dye, so I used red, yellow and blue I-dye already mixed with water, along with laundry detergent, and crisco.

Here is the result on a white star Mako.

Overall I think it turned out pretty good.
Big thanks to Goose for not only creating but then sharing his own unique technique. :clap:

Attachments

• SkittleBombed Mako.jpg
    SkittleBombed Mako.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 241
My first go at it - thanks for the tutorials Goose! Been wanting to try this for a while just needed to remember to buy the lard. Ended up being pretty easy as I expected and the results were what I was hoping for. Some of the blue dye did not mix well enough but it ended up not being a problem. Disc was white prior to the dye. More to come..
27632056490_26d608fc4a_b.jpg

Very nice guys! Thanks for posting! Very cool to see others trying my technique!

I am taking a small hiatus from dyeing as we move into our new home and i continue to build a course.

I will pop in from time to time to checkup.