• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skyiron Discs leaving the game

Flagship came out much more understable than intended. That being said, the Flagship I have is a phenomenal roller. So much so that now I need to pick up a little stack of them for my future rolling needs.

I bought 1 when they came out and threw one my friend had and they were both very understable. I guess it was like a speed 11 or 12 and a -4 turn. They do roll well but I couldn't get used to the feel of the plastic, pretty slick.

1 disc in 2 years = company death. at the 2 year mark you gotta at least have 3-5 discs out.

^^yes but that doesnt mean that they didnt buy skyirons equipment and the owner to help...would explain why he hasnt come out with any new discs in 2 years

I bought 1 when they came out and threw one my friend had and they were both very understable. I guess it was like a speed 11 or 12 and a -4 turn. They do roll well but I couldn't get used to the feel of the plastic, pretty slick.

I got one from Justin at Community Discs not too long ago, and it really was a very very understable disc for me. Super flat too. The link here puts it at 11,4,-3,2 but I would say -4 seems more accurate to me. It's a nice feeling disc, just hasn't gotten much use from me.

Was trying to compile a list of all the brands I've thrown and remembered I have a Skyiron disc somewhere. Found this thread and was intrigued by the Prodigy speculation. Any truth there or just gossip?

I would also like to announce that I'm bowing out of the disc golf manufacturing game. Most of you probably haven't heard of my company. I manufactured zero discs 8 years ago, although I had grand plans at the time. I also didn't start Prodigy.