• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Slightly OS throwing putter

jmcarriere

Bogey Member
Ok everyone. I am looking for a slightly OS throwing putter. I have tried a DX aviar and a KC Pro Aviar and do not like the feel of KC Pro and a DX Aviar does not have the same fade. I am wondering how the JK Pro Aviar is or what everyone would suggest?

Ok everyone. I am looking for a slightly OS throwing putter. I have tried a DX aviar and a KC Pro Aviar and do not like the feel of KC Pro and a DX Aviar does not have the same fade. I am wondering how the JK Pro Aviar is or what everyone would suggest?

P-line P2 or D-line P2 maybe?

If you're not Innova-only, a Classic Blend Marshal might work for you.

Boyo. So many options. You're gunna get a lot of Envy suggestions. Probably one of the more versatile discs, great single disc round disc.

I've been digging the tomb for this spot. It's pretty straight, little fade. Probably fits the bill.

I like the feel of the JK Pro aviar, Challenger, Voodoo, Aviar3, Pure.

I like the Pure, but it's very straight. The Marshal is slightly more OS.

If you like the feel of the Aviar3, I think they came out in DX, so you might give it a shot at the title. And the Aviar-X-3 is more stable than the Av3.

I have not thrown a JK Aviar and have not been able to find any reviews on them either.
I mean it's a KC Pro Aviar in soft R-Pro plastic. It flies basically like a KC Pro. If the KC Pro flight was good but you didn't like the handfeel, and you like the handfeel of the JK, this thread should be about wrapped up.

I was gonna say P2 as well but sounds like you need to just handle the disc with the flight #'s you're looking for and see what you like the feel of OP.

All I throw for those shots is either a Glow C-line P2, or a Zone now and cycled 5-6 dif molds b4 landing on those 2 but I really like the Axiom Envy and
Innova Bullfrog for less fade..there's just so many molds, An Envy or a Zone are always $ imo but again, comes down to feel. Good luck ����

Yup. If you are going to be picky about platic feel gateway is the way to go. You have the whole rainbow of options and more.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Infinite Tombs are solid for this slot. S line are pretty straight while the C line has more fade. I also use a really broken in SP Breaker. I like thinner profile putters.

Infinite Tombs are solid for this slot. S line are pretty straight while the C line has more fade. I also use a really broken in SP Breaker. I like thinner profile putters.

The Tomb has come out in I-blend, and the OP might like the feel of the I-blend plastic.

From my experience, as someone who also doesn't like the feel of KC (until it's beat in), I ended up settling on Yeti Pro. It's a great all year plastic, grippy without being soft or floppy.

I also own and throw JK Aviars, they are nice, but they can get a little too soft for me in the height of summer, not a deal breaker though.
I can also recommend Wizards; SS, Special Blend and Eraser might just fit the bill for you, nice and tacky without being too soft.

I own and throw all of these, they come in and out of my bag from time to time but, if I had to pick just one, it would be the Yeti. And all of these putters have a real long life too. I have come to prefer beaded putters as they hold their stability longer.