• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Slow and Beefy

Credo actually has two plaatic, but the advanced soft is the only one that sticks; though I did have a gnarly skip off some concrete on a low sidearm shot

The Pig is where it's at. I personally like the R-Pro production plastic.

I'm surprised that the Zone isn't cutting it for you.

it makes sense if you think about it; i made this same thread a little while ago . . . as much as i enjoyed the zone for beating the wind, it isn't very slow, it skips a lot and it isn't a disc where once it runs out of steam, it just drops. it actually has a lot of lateral movement; it won't turn wing down hard on its way down and due to the rim shape even at a steeper angle it can generate skip. so for me it was kinda useless as a placement disc. i'd rather throw a pig or a VP.

it may seem silly, and i certainly never thought i would be saying this, but the H1 is why i don't throw the zone right now. i throw my zone farther. h1 can do little 100' hit-and-stick spikes really easily but it can skip too if i ask. i don't recommend it for anybody else, but nothing gets easy placement for me quite like the h1. it's just silly; it can only do one thing, i've thrown this on an anny into a stiff headwind today and it came back no problem. the only things that come close for me are the pig, FAF fb and VP. credo is another flat profile like a zone but since the plastic isn't slick it grabs turf better. also really beefy but not for me.

the vp can be hard to get a clean release on in a nasty header and that flutter will hurt your game if you can't adjust to the deep rim, especially if you are throwing the softs to get hit-and-stick. try a pig. it's cheap so what's the damage? not like you're going to be throwing it into concrete, right?

Last edited:
I have been fiddling with this spot also for a while. Most of the time Premium Jokeri works fine but sometimes I wish it was slower still. Recently I got a beadless Gator as well (dont really dig a bead on any disc) and that works fine for a little longer range, although I cant really say it sticks.

I was contemplating on the R-pro Rhynos and Pigs and whatnot but as my bag is otherwise very much cemented, I have decided to roll with the Jokeri and just pay attention to technique more. Tired of trying to find that one Philosophers Stone.

Credo is legit, but I like the feel of the Harp better for sidearm. It looks like dirt in a few rounds but holds stability longer than that. The Yikun Gui is also quite good but you can make it turn if you really want to.

I also like the old Champ Rhynos too.

Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I just love this type of disc in general, and I wanted to see what everyone thought, as far as what's slower, or what disc just dumps right out of the hand.

I'll see about getting a Credo, but that's gonna be a lot harder to get backups for if I end up liking it, since I know I'm NEVER gonna see one at Play it Again.

I didn't even think about MVP/Axiom. I'll have to check out that Envy, too.

As far as plastic goes, I don't necessarily need one that "sticks", I'm more concerned about it being overstable. And R-Pro isn't terrible for an approach putter, but still, if I like a disc, I like to know I have options. I had like 5 Pigs at one time, and starting throwing the Suspect instead. I liked having a durable thrower and a baseline one that would be a little glidier, or for slightly longer shots, wouldn't dump quite as fast.

And, "Yes", I will be throwing at concrete. My home course has "wheelchair accessible" pathways all throughout, and a big concrete pad around half of the baskets. It sucks to make an approach shot, knowing if you don't hit chains you're gonna end up with road rash.

My home course is practically a gravel pit and has blacktop around the pins as well. Unless you're spiking your discs into the concrete, you should be able to keep your rims in good shape with a little light sanding with fine grit sandpaper when your discs get too rough. My current Glo Z Zone has been in my bag since they were released and has hit a ton of blacktop and gravel on drives more than approaches and is still in great shape.

Credo Pig and Harp are most OS putters you'll find. Classic soft harps (if they even exist)or r-pro rhyno should be stickiest

I hope Innova comes out with a G-Star Pig. That might be the cats a$$ and I'd certainly want to try one.

Any one mention the Trident? It has a pretty blunt nose, won't fade and can do some skip.