• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Small Bags: How many discs do you ACTUALLY carry?

I dont get that reference either. Both avatars and empty chairs wouldnt be able to give me a satisfactory answer, neither has a strong enough grasp on the english language.

Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter................ It's a movie! Big Eastwood fan I see.......

Last edited:
Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter................ It's a movie! Big Eastwood fan I see.......
The guy from Back to the Future 3?
BTTF_1885_shirt.jpg

I've currently got an old Crunch Box that'll fit 17 discs. It won't zip closed with this many discs but it carries them all without a huge struggle getting them in and out. Right now it's handling 16 with 3 being mids and 2 being putters. If for some reason you felt the need it would probably hold 20 drivers just fine.

My daughter carries the new version of the Crunch Box and was very proud of herself for discovering that the side zipper pocket will also hold a couple of discs.

Last edited:
I was carrying a snug 14 throwers and a putter in my crunch until I threw my Spider into the Mississippi river the other day. Now I'm rocking 13...and it's making me nervous. Think I'll throw the Squall in there...

I love my crunch bag though, with 15 discs it feels featherlight with quadshocks...

Six! I have a homemade nutsac type bag.
I usually carry something like a pure, opto pure, roc, eagle, fd and/or something overstable or whatever is new or lying around.

Fadegear with canteen holds up to 10 discs, but its tight. I wouldn't be carrying this many except I'm trying out a bunch of Gateway molds for the first time.

Attachments

• gw_bag.JPG
    gw_bag.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 35
I ended up getting a Mojo.....great looking bag, but basically the same size as my Revo Carolina. I've had some back issues that make wearing backpacks problematic so for the last year or so I have been carting my Carolina. I love the cart but sometimes just want to schlep less stuff, hence my search for a smaller bag.

I can get 14 discs: 2 putters, 3 Midranges, and 9 drivers in my little Innova bag (not sure which model). It's pretty stretched out and old at this point. It has 2 zippered pockets, which I like for the security, and I get my keys, phone, a mini and a power bar or other small item into with room left over. I carry a nalgene, and stuff a small microfiber in another small pocket, and clip a towel to the strap. If I want to shed a layer I just tie it to the strap. What I like about this bag is the shoulder strap doesn't aggravate my back, and it feels good on the hip.

The Mojo seems like a great bag, but it just doesn't fit on the hip, it's best for quads. I've learned that I need a bag that holds the discs flat against the hip, not in a roll cage like the medium to big bags. I thought I really wanted to get 16 discs in my small bag, but whats the point of going minimal if you carry 16 discs?

Do either of the small Gorilla Boy bags hold the discs that way? It's really hard to find a picture of these bags. For some reason the GB website doesn't show the Squirrel or Spider monkey because they aren't in stock. Weird marketing technique. Otherwise, I guess I'm looking at the Juju (probably should have just done that in the first place). Or am I just overlooking the obvious and should just get a new Innova of my current model? I do like having the security of zippered pockets for my keys and phone - really the only flaw I found in the Voodoo bag.

Look for a brand new, never used Brown Mojo in the Marketplace soon.

I ended up getting a Mojo.....great looking bag, but basically the same size as my Revo Carolina. I've had some back issues that make wearing backpacks problematic so for the last year or so I have been carting my Carolina. I love the cart but sometimes just want to schlep less stuff, hence my search for a smaller bag.

I can get 14 discs: 2 putters, 3 Midranges, and 9 drivers in my little Innova bag (not sure which model). It's pretty stretched out and old at this point. It has 2 zippered pockets, which I like for the security, and I get my keys, phone, a mini and a power bar or other small item into with room left over. I carry a nalgene, and stuff a small microfiber in another small pocket, and clip a towel to the strap. If I want to shed a layer I just tie it to the strap. What I like about this bag is the shoulder strap doesn't aggravate my back, and it feels good on the hip.

The Mojo seems like a great bag, but it just doesn't fit on the hip, it's best for quads. I've learned that I need a bag that holds the discs flat against the hip, not in a roll cage like the medium to big bags. I thought I really wanted to get 16 discs in my small bag, but whats the point of going minimal if you carry 16 discs?

Do either of the small Gorilla Boy bags hold the discs that way? It's really hard to find a picture of these bags. For some reason the GB website doesn't show the Squirrel or Spider monkey because they aren't in stock. Weird marketing technique. Otherwise, I guess I'm looking at the Juju (probably should have just done that in the first place). Or am I just overlooking the obvious and should just get a new Innova of my current model? I do like having the security of zippered pockets for my keys and phone - really the only flaw I found in the Voodoo bag.

Look for a brand new, never used Brown Mojo in the Marketplace soon.

I know what you mean about the bag riding flat with a single strap. I has the same issue with my GB Chimp. Great bag, I just couldn't get it to ride right on my hip with a single strap.

There are a few pics of my Squirrel in the bag photo thread. Note the white webbing and Molle pockets on the water holders were added by me.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1656722&postcount=1892

The Squirrel and Spider should both ride flat, as the discs stack inside>out. I think the even bigger factor is that the fulcrum point for the strap hookup is nearer to the body than on a larger bag.

They both hold the same number of discs (10 in main, 2 putters 1 flat driver in rainfly storage,) except the Squirrel has the pocket behind the putters that can hold 2-3 more. If you use this pocket for discs however you have no storage beside bottle pockets (reason I modified mine.)

I know you don't want to hear it but......
The crunch does.

I know it does, and I'm reconsidering it. At least with that bag I know I can go to PIAS and actually see one before purchasing it.

I know what you mean about the bag riding flat with a single strap. I has the same issue with my GB Chimp. Great bag, I just couldn't get it to ride right on my hip with a single strap.

There are a few pics of my Squirrel in the bag photo thread. Note the white webbing and Molle pockets on the water holders were added by me.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1656722&postcount=1892

The Squirrel and Spider should both ride flat, as the discs stack inside>out. I think the even bigger factor is that the fulcrum point for the strap hookup is nearer to the body than on a larger bag.

They both hold the same number of discs (10 in main, 2 putters 1 flat driver in rainfly storage,) except the Squirrel has the pocket behind the putters that can hold 2-3 more. If you use this pocket for discs however you have no storage beside bottle pockets (reason I modified mine.)

Thanks for the info. It is surprisingly hard to find for these bags.

Hi Matt, I'd be interested in that Mojo if you want to sell locally.
I use a Crunch Box now but I'm looking to step up to something with a little more storage like the Mojo.
The CB is so inexpensive you should just buy one from Skipper but I'd be happy to let you use mine if it'd help. It's a really good bag for the price point and if you don't abuse it too much they will last a few years. I carry ~13 discs comfortably and the side pocket holds a camera, kibble, misc., and my towel.
-Mike H.

I would just like to say that those that cant get 16 or more comfortably in a rev deluxe mini had no buisness posting in this thread; your lack of intellignce is reflcting poorly on the bag.

Latest posts