• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shooting, Patrick! You got me by 7!
(of course, I'm a lowly intermediate.:eek:)
The wind was incredible this afternoon, and seriously affected everybody's game, once they got out of those pesky woods. That is, except for Brady B's blazing hot 50! :eek:
It seemed like everybody had a pretty good time, and there was some fundage raised to keep the course growing.
You're probably looking forward to playing long positions next month, huh?

yes i am. i will try to get that day off of work to go again and defend my 1st place. I actually wanted to play intermediate by my rating is a 936. Now i can't play intermediate because these 2 rounds were both over 935 and with my league rating i will be about a 951 rating. :)

I played a lot better today. Still left a few on the course but I did manage to birdie a hole that I've never birdied before. Now 17/18 on my home course. That last one kicks my butt though and I rarely get a look at bird...May be a while.

I played inconsistently but pretty damn good considering. Shot -3 and -4 at acorn with several bogies each round. My seasoned gravity ghost is stupid good and stupid versatile. I don't ever find myself throwing my fresh gravity or my pinnacle. Parked 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15 with the ghost today over the course of two rounds.

shot -4 at the local 18 today. tied my best of last year. had 2 missed putts. one bogey. thats alright its golf. anything can happen.

also after i played a night round with a buddy and thats always fun throwing in the dark. even better parking a tunnel shot when you can only see the thick trunks, but not the overhangs and hope you dont hit anything. great round. also knicked the top of the basket on the shortest hole there

Well,my move up to intermediate may be on hold for a bit. Shot 67 66 +25 at Osage Grove C-tier. Didn't even place in the rec division. Though the rating may have been higher than I expected, the day just illustrated to me how much work I need to put into my game still.

yes i am. i will try to get that day off of work to go again and defend my 1st place. I actually wanted to play intermediate by my rating is a 936. Now i can't play intermediate because these 2 rounds were both over 935 and with my league rating i will be about a 951 rating. :)

Well, I bet your glad you did play adv. You got your first win, but if you had played INT you wouldn't have. well done Patrick. :clap:

Well, I bet your glad you did play adv. You got your first win, but if you had played INT you wouldn't have. well done Patrick. :clap:

Thanks. I know that is kind of funny that I had to play up. I don't mind at all. I got 3 discs and a new bag with backsaver straps. Already loaded it up as a practice bag. I might be selling my latitude 64 pro bag with fade straps. still debating about that.

Not too shabby

Aside from a tourney in late March, this was only my second time making it out to my local course this year, just so happened to be the first 100 degree day in ol Wichita, KS this year and boy am I a lobster. Anywho, shot 3 over today. Left FIVE EASY birdies on the field, my driving was quite good. At Oak Park, I always come out of the first 5 holes two down. But after that there is a lot of wide open, windy shots. Damn near lost my bubbly blizzard boss on hole 18, but was right off the shore (its a pond). Its clear to me that my driving is getting dialed in pretty well, my approaches and upshots are very close to being consistantly good, and my putting still requires a lot of work. I really like to psyche myself out on putts inside 20 foot though :doh:

My driving has been great. I shot -1 at acorn twice in a row...and I missed like 6 20 foot putts both rounds. Frustrating. My second round was all pars up until hole 13. Took deuces on 13, 14, and 16. Double bogey on 18. Sigh...seriously could have -8 both rounds.

Just fieldwork today with a steady 15-20 winds and gusts 25-30. I figured this was as good a time as any to get some more experience with the wind from a variety of angles. Had the light bulb go off on using the wind instead of fighting it. For example - wind slightly behind me but mostly L>R. I'd normally throw something stable with fade (tbird, roc3) more or less straight at it with the wind blowing it R and fading back in. This worked as usual. Then I tossed a few neutral / US discs on a slight anny and way to the left. It was amazing watching the wind just carry it back right. Harder to control and judge - but so much more distance. Now if only I can get the confidence to use it on the course.

Should not have played today. Could not resist. Winds steady at 20 mph, gusts above 35 mph. Finally took my hat off, got tired of chasing it.

Had a putt into the wind from atop the reservoir, with the water behind me. Intentionally threw my R-Pro Cro towards the base of the basket for a layup from about 20 feet. It hit the ground and had a little itty bitty skip, the wind picked it up, it rose to probably 60 feet, sailed over my head at that height and went into the water about 100 feet offshore.

I threw my Anode on an approach shot, while I was putting with a Wizard the wind flipped the Anode over and it commenced to roll away.

On the plus side, I bagged three new courses, found an uninked 150 gram DX Shark (that's a plus, right?) and found a NFL Street Football that looks brand new.

Played one of the great courses yesterday and today, my first time there. Some good shots, some bad shots, irrelevant in the experience.

went back to throw another with my friends . . .

shot -1 again. how that happens, i don't even know. all three rounds featured some really stupid missed putts.

today was sunday double. me and a buddy headed out before to get a round in. First round was ok needed to tune the drive and hit the putts. doubles round was lights out. 420 foot down hill hole parked it for a birdie shot 25 feet away. Dang putting fell apart a few holes before so ended up taking an easy par. Very happy with my back hand i have been working on is starting to come togeather with distance and where i want it. Side arms also starting to show its summer form. now if i just could click on all cylinders. ooh well. Happy day at the course. DavidSauls i hate you right now. jk Glad you had fun. Hope to see some pictures online soon.

Pretty well. Shot even at my home course at league, tied for second with my (pretty ugly) handicap. Didn't have any major blow ups: three birdies and three bogies (two coming off missed makeable putts, one coming off an unfortunate OB on a fairly tough shot). Very excited to birdie hole 18, a ~400 ft hole, with a picturesque S curve drive with my Lace that putt me ~20 feet from the pin. Also had some nice shots in my round after leagues, including some nice parked-for-birdies.

74 holes...won all the rounds I played in today. Putting was straight butter out to 30' (and then some)...just a few faulty drives held me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.