• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot +12 at mayhew creek.

well if i was to use course par that means I shot -6!!!

and i found a disc that is a mold (and weight) that I actually throw for once.

the wind was gnarly. I didnt drive with anything but my spd or sfb.

Snuck out to Tama Hills for two fun runs through their short nine hole course. Finished -11 under, which is a fairly pedestrian achievement . It was fun to play something different even if it was an easy course. This course is pain to actually get a chance to play because it snakes its way through several popular camping plots.

I've been working on throwing side-arm and the results are slowly starting to show. Most importantly, it didn't feel like my arm was going to fall off after every side sling. The two best shots of the evening did not belong to me however. The Mrs nailed a 20ft turbo and smashed chains of birdie from beyond 50 ft.

Last edited:
Par on the little 9 hole practice course near my house. Par on every hole actually, which was kinda, meh. I had some great putts, but a lot of my drives were off, which left me with having to make decent up shots to have the putts. Only missed one putt all day and it was my only real look at bird.

Oh and my best drive was with my Alias. I'm thinking of going all mids and putters for the rest of the year to try to clean up my form some more.

Took down random dubs at Oakwood, threw meh. Working on my form is becoming an exercise in frustration. I am throwing shorter than I have in a long time.

Two rounds at Carroll Marty this afternoon, -7 from the shorts both times. Some very good moments, some rather poor ones. Brought back out a DX Polecat and was pleasantly surprised at its range and stability given its state of wear. After losing my seasoned DX Roc and X Comet yesterday, I brought out a Z Buzzz for the first time in a while. I pretty was pleased with how it threw.

won my handicap league round today! Profit!

I've got a big handicap so if I shoot good it means I'm in the running, I'm happy that by winning its [the handicap] going down steadily. Even shooting par (55) is really hard for the local serious amateur 1 players.

Last edited:
played the full 18 at riverside in st cloud mn. then it was kinda getting dark so i played the back 9 which is the better half of the course. all together i shot at least -5 i cant remember for sure though.

had some guy come up to me and ask if i knew a lot about discs...i said sure dude why not. he tried to tell me his custom dyed x out prodigy d4 disc was worth $100-150 cuz the guy at PIAS said so. and this guy throwing claimed it was the best disc hes ever thrown. i dont think he was even breaking 300 ft with it....

however i think i 2 putted at least 10 holes. i chained out a ton. or hit the cage from far out. did have a few nice PJ's.

also when i played through some dude was like ok there is a disc by the basket its mine. i said ok. he then said so dont worry when you see one by the basket, its mine. i looked at him and he said again the disc next to the basket is mine...i just said sweet dude and walked away. must have been the dudes first PJ on the hole cuz he wouldnt shut up about it. the hole was only 275 ish. I landed within the circle but chained out. kinda sucked. then saw the dude on the next hole after i finished and he ripped his driver into a close tree. made me smile a bit

Finally got to play yesterday (long story). We have a friend visiting from Germany so I took him to Johnson Street and we played the short tees. I feel off the front of the ninth tee. I have long legs and the pads are short. Then on 13 I torque my disc over a neighborhood fence with "beware of dog" posted on the course side. He finishes 13 and we go home. man I am out of practice.

We had a good laugh and he was amazed that "Americans make such sport".

Finally got a bird on hole 4 on my home course (El Dorado). 450' with a low, tree studed canopy starting at 30' off the t-pad extending out another 100' and no distance hyzer route due to tall trees blocking the entire right. The basket is on the backside and under a huge tree with another low canopy and the only opening is a hyzer spike approach narrowly placed b/t that tree and one on the right. That or a skip shot to the basket.

I threw a turn over 25' over the trees on the left, a foot above the top, and ended up 50' from the basket with 4' of elevation pinched off from the top of a hill in front of me and the bottom of the nearest branches. I drilled it from one knee and drained it.

Cha-ching baby!

+1 at Dela with mostly short positions. Had a 40 footer to get even. Really good, although inconsistent, round for me. Lots of birdies, some nice long putts, but also bogeys on holes I don't usually bogey. Two awesome saves: Got a 4 on 13 after shanking the drive into a bush for a 50 footer. A 3 with an awesome Volt forehand approach on 11 after hitting a tree.

Of course, it is a lot easier when you are solo on the course at 7am :)

Threw ok...but re-aggravated my groin issue. Going to have to take it easy so I can destroy fools on Sunday.

+2 at Will Hair then +4 at Cal Young in Abilene. Not my best.

I lost a white Enforcer at Cal Young on number 11 in the thicket by the creek. My name and number is on it so I hope someone calls me.

Got in a round of glow....in the rain. Not exactly ideal but oh well - I got to throw atleast. One really nice park job & bird. A few nice drives. One really nice long uphill birdie putt.

Status
Not open for further replies.