• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played my best round this year. +6 at a new course (heritage farm park, walkersville MD). drives were not there today for some reason, and I lost my river into some thick chest high rough to the right of #6. After that I slowed down and played smart, went for shots out in the middle with good lines to the basket instead of trying to drive into a birdie. Landed several 40+ foot putts and put in some really solid work with the warship/fuse combo. Overall I am very happy with it.

played my best round this year. +6 at a new course (heritage farm park, walkersville MD). drives were not there today for some reason, and I lost my river into some thick chest high rough to the right of #6. After that I slowed down and played smart, went for shots out in the middle with good lines to the basket instead of trying to drive into a birdie. Landed several 40+ foot putts and put in some really solid work with the warship/fuse combo. Overall I am very happy with it.

Sittin on the curb....chirpin and burpin and eatin dirty earthworms....:thmbup:

Improved my PB at one of the local courses, even managed to score a birdie on two holes I hadn't birdie'd previously.

But, disc golf also showed how it can taunt you. Got the PB on the first round, and as usual, we play two rounds back to back. Front nine of the second round, it went downhill after the first two holes (at which point I was actually ahead of my PB round), but managed to steady myself and make some shots on the back nine. Here's the rub, during the second round's back nine, I birdie'd two holes I hadn't birdie'd on the PB round and had a birdie-putt on holes 12, 14, 16 and 18 in the second round as well. So while getting the PB was nice, overall impression was one of missed chances. Then again, I can be honest and say to myself there is plenty of potential for improving my score, just need to harness and focus all that potential to one round for maximum score. Of course, the chances of that happening... :eek:

Played pretty well in dubs....then blew up in a singles round afterward. Oh well, can't get them all.

Just set my personal best at Grand Central today, a +9 score of 70 on the par 61 layout, although I have a couple alterations to that layout that I play because I enjoy those layouts more, specifically I play the short pads on Holes 6 and 15, and the long teepad on Hole 7. The short pad for hole 6 is the typical position for my division, although it takes about 200' off the distance, but in the typical par 61 layout they play the long on 15 and the short on 7 (the long pin for 6 conflicts a bit with the long pad on 7).

The one thing that bugs me is I know I left 4 strokes on the course because of low putts (I worked out beforehand, so my legs were already really tired), and can make an argument that I should have had two others. However, I birdied 18 and overthrew 10 by a good 20 or so feet, so overall it was a great round. I'm hoping to shoot a 65 on the same layout by the end of the summer!

Threw my personal best at the Showa Kinen Park course today ( -15 ), found 10$, and bought my 67 year old cardmate and I an ice cream with it. I was one fight short of a Gordie Howe hatrick......damn. Still, it was a nice day and everything seemed to be coming together well enough.

Totally fell apart and failed to recover for the first time in a while.. lost a disk in the only pond around, yet still managed to enjoy the round in Rüsselsheim immensely. Great way to start my last Sunday in Germany for the year.

Played in Trilogy Challenge. Played with putter and midrange mostly, so learning curve was quicker. Played well, gave up a few strokes on back 9. Two of them were great shots that just had bad luck, 2 were bad shots. Overall had a decent round and had fun. It was the first time I played the course and only finished 2 strokes off the lead.

Played a casual round that started of mediocre. Then all of a sudden things kicked in and I was driving and putting better than ever. Towards the end there was a really gorgeous woman walking her dog and I was so distracted I spent most of my time looking for my discs in poison ivy. I went to a local fairgrounds to practice afterwords with no pressure but it was hot out and windy in the open field. I had 1 or 2 good throws out of 30 and finally stopped. Has anyone felt the form and "on point" feeling just fade when they get a little tired? I just stop for the day anymore when that happens (or at least eat, rest, and do something else for a bit before playing another round).

Played about my average for the weekend, but won two C tiers in age-protected ams. Two rounds at Osage Grove Saturday and a full go at Idlewild, then Boone Woods today meant 12 hours of tourney play in about 30 hours' elapsed time. I feel like Forrest Gump when he stops running...:eek:

Took a trip to a neighboring city to scope out 2 courses that I may play in tourneys at later. Played a marathon 8 rounds over 2 courses. Wow...I am going to hurt tomorrow. Kind of a good thing that my son has a soccer game and I can't throw.

Overall played OK at a tight & technical course. Played lights out at a more open course. Even got a post in the missed ace thread...

Played in the Sunday Edition at the ACT (Amateur Challenge Tournament) at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT.

Damn what a beautiful disc golf course. Its a mix of huge bomber holes and technical new england wooded holes on a perfectly manicured park. It was my 1st time there, shame on me for not playing this course sooner/more often.

It was also my first time on some truly open bomber holes and it took me a while to get my bearings.

Since I was playing blind I was the annoying guy who had to ask "where's the basket? what do you guys do at this hole? Is there a lefty line?" Second round they used alternate tees/baskets for many baskets so it was disorienting and I couldn't attack the holes for birdies.

I was gassed towards the end, and still confused/amazed at how much more overstable discs become on big tailwinds on those bomber holes (even my star terns were breaking me!) but still managed to finish ok in a field of 45.

18603252821_7c24080629.jpg

the ACT tourney is different where the winners only get plaques, but everyone's player packs are EPIC (3 discs, 2minis, a tech fabric shirt, stickers, and a comic book) for only $20

I played 36 holes this past Friday. I played the same course twice that day, once in the morning and once in the evening with one of my friends. In the morning, I didn't keep track of my score; however on hole 16 (the longest hole on the whole course), I was able to get my tee shot in the first target for the first time ever. The second time I played that day, I got a par on hole 13 and my score was decent for a beginner. Still too embarrassed to actually type it out...

Just got done playing at my local disc golf course. Best score I have gotten there thus far! Got two pars on holes 12 and 14. I made a 30 foot putt on hole 12 for the par. Had almost quite a bit of pars on other holes. Other than that, my drives are getting more consistent and same goes for my putts! This game just keeps getting more and more addicting! :)

I tied for second in rec shooting plus 16 at our C-tier at Borderland this past Saturday. I played rather conservative and was rewarded. I didn't take any OB strokes overall, and carded no doubles or worse in the first round. Yes, the putting still needs some overtime (that may happen on my friend's backyard basket tomorrow) but I have almost six weeks until my next tourney.

Just for done playing a night round at Hansen Park with four friends, I was using a super beaten in Z Nuke, couldn't putt with it to save my life, missed some easy birdies because of it. Damn cones. I shot 37 strokes, a +1, which was still good enough to win by two strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.