• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 2 rounds with a buddy. I won the first 18, he took the 2nd. I shot pretty well having not played in 2 weeks. We both decided to play with 3 discs each.

-14 yesterdays round. I worked on taking my time and making good shots, it's amazing how well that paid off. I didn't have a single bad drive, they all landed in a playable area, in the fairway or within long putting distance. My biggest issue through this round was putting around 20-30ft.

Played a glow round and tied by best score for the course at -1. Kinda sad really, you'd think i'd have done better in daylight by now!

Actually was having one of my better rounds at Veterans. I was sitting at 2 over after 10 and someone showed up and we decided to switch to doubles for the rest of the course. I still had fun and it was good to finally get to play after being a Volunteer at the Tourney all weekend for the last 2 weekends.

Ham Lake DGC, Shot around twelve down each round, played two. Biggest thing though was I chained out on 3 Aces. Hole 6 twice, first time was ridiculous because the chains were all tied up and leaning over to the left, I hit the right side. Second time I hit the left side. MFer. haha. I right side chains on thirteen too.

Today was the nicest day in forever, after weeks of rain. Sunny, 70, almost no wind. I'm still a noob and still don't keep score, but I'd call it a breakthrough round. My form is improving, especially in the area of hip turn and not strong-arming my shots, and I'm seeing distance gains as a result. Had some birdie looks today that I've never come close to before, which obviously is really encouraging and makes me excited to play again. Also getting my bag narrowed down pretty well which helps with consistency.

Just an awesome and fun round today. :thmbup:

Actually was having one of my better rounds at Veterans. I was sitting at 2 over after 10 and someone showed up and we decided to switch to doubles for the rest of the course. I still had fun and it was good to finally get to play after being a Volunteer at the Tourney all weekend for the last 2 weekends.

I gotta make it out to Veterans soon. I don't make it to that side of the metroplex enough.

Had a decent round, didn't keep score as I was throwing multiple shots and putting several times on each hole. Working a lot of my forearm game, which is pretty decently awful. I thought it was gonna be an awesome round hitting the basket on the first hole, then it kind of evened out after that.

Made a trip out to my favorite local course, Aikawa Fureaino Mura, with my wife. We worked on putter drives and approaches on an empty course. I literally opened up a can of corn on the course, then figuratively opened one as well. There were only a handful of birdies not made over 2 rounds. Over here they sell hot cans of corn soup from vending machines that are outside, they're so good. We both attempted a few ace runs, talked strategy, and enjoyed how quiet and peaceful the course was. It was a nice way to spend Veterans Day. The course is short, so just I brought a purse style bag just to switch things up. I immediately regretted this choice half way through the first round. Long live backpacks!

Strong winds are coming to my area, already are good for Maximum Time Aloft and I enjoyed some of that with my kids using an ultimate disc today. Tomorrow, with 50 mph gusts forecasted, I just HAVE to get out and play a round in the crazy weather for the fun of it!

Random draw dubs with a deck of Ript cards thrown in.
7 player card so someone threw cali and got an extra card.

Tim/me 55
Travis/Sancho 58
Greg/Sparrow 60
Matt/cali 61

Played a tournament up in Manchester, NH. Took down the rec division with a 61-63, winning by 1 shot. Anhyzer came off my hand really well most of the day and tried to take the putter out of my hand except to drop in and not try to hit 30 footers all day, that is unfortunately how I play all too often.

Something is up. From the time I started playing three years ago until last weekend there were only a handful of times my drive came within even an arms reach of the basket. Then last weekend and this weekend both, I solidly hit the chains from around 260' out on my drive. Neither one stuck. Two different courses, two different groups of friends.

My first ACE is coming ............I can feel it!

Shot 69 at AJ Jolly yesterday. Frustrating part was parking a lot of drives but screwing up pretty easy putts. I definitely need to get some putting practice in. My gf goes, "you're good at driving but you suck at putting". Straight to the heart.. but its good to have someone that tells you the truth. Played the short tees at Lincoln Ridge on Saturday and shot 79. Tried to help someone find their lost disc but he was in a hurry apparently. When I found it two minutes later he was gone. Very bizarre.. Best shot on each course was with my Z Buzzz.. I landed in the circle at AJ Jolly hole 2 and Lincoln hole 1.

Last edited:
My putting issues continued over the weekend where I managed to miss 15 putts inside the circle over the course of 3 rounds. I was more upset about that then the mental errors and missed execution when I should have known better. Hopefully it's just confidence issues in committing to the shot rather than something mechanical.

Played a "Fight Club" course tourney yesterday (one of those private, unlisted courses where it's just impolite to give away details). Since I'm transitioning from Amateur Grandmaster to Pro this year, it was pretty embarrassing to come in DFL by five strokes. But I got my entry fee back on a CTP 50/50: A friend threw just before me and got within 24" of the pin, figured he had the CTP cash in the bag, 'til I slid my Buzzz in to less than one inch from the pin. Nice consolation prize, for my only deuce of the round. The way I was playing, I'm glad I didn't card a three from there... :eek:

Played my 2 favorite unlisted private courses saturday. Played well both rounds then helped the owner split a couple of 40" diameter ash trees he had taken down. He and I then set the course record on his tiki course that night. Woke up, played a great morning round then finished splitting, hauling and stacking all that wood. By the time I was ready to throw again, could barely feel my arms or grip a disc but still played decent.

Maaaaaaaaaan I lost my night beater Champion Viking in the briny deep. I was playing some night rounds at Plymouth Creek and on hole 8, I forehanded a little harder than I meant to. The Viking struck a tree about 40 feet from the creek and careened on in. It has been raining for the past few days, so the creek is raging harder than normal. By the time I got to the creekside, the Viking was long gone. My mighty warrior is off to Valhalla now. It had one ace on it. I will also miss the blue ThrowLite. Luckily, I have a 174g Z XS that flies identical lines to the Viking. It will take over night watch. This was only the 2nd disc I have lost this season, the first being my Z Crank at Granite Ridge on my Highbridge trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts