• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 hole glow round last night on the local park winter layout. 25 for 2 down even with a few longer putts that just wouldn't stay in the bucket. First night of glow that I felt good about putting though, thanks to livextreme9 trading me 2 DX BB Glow Aviars. So much better for me than PnA's.

Meh. Had a decent round, had a few shots where I was like WTF was that and then had a few that were nice. Ended up with a 58 in 18 holes, took a 6 on a par 5 that is usually a 4, then took back to back 4's on holes I usually get 3's on, but had some nice upshots and get out of trouble shots that worked really well. It's amazing how colder temps effect discs. Yesterday it was 62, today it was 35 when I started the round.

drove out of the mountains yesterday down to sacramento and played for the first time in two months. i was definitely rusty, but did have many nice shots. threw some of my first on-the-course rollers in a tag round and had great results.

After seeing the temperature change from -27C (-16F) on Thursday to a much more anything (inc. disc golf) friendly -4C (25F), got in a couple of rounds. First round was pretty much average for January, scoring just under par, though was making some nice comeback putts (oddly couldn't seem to find the same mental state for birdie putts).

Second round had SO much potential, seven birdies, including two really great putts for my standards (off the knee, uphill, low ceiling from about 25-feet and a picturesque floater from 60-70 feet) and some good putts. Sadly, this time, with the good came the not-so good, finished the round on +1 despite those seven birdies, messing up the shortest hole with a double bogey :wall: and a triple on a another :thmbdown: , while finding OB on two more holes. Upside being that seven birdies isn't an everyround occurance by any means, just need to stop the yo-yo movement with the scoring.

What, me again? Oh well. Course was the busiest I've seen this winter, 10+ people waiting on the first tee, probably good 30+ different players scattered throughout. So had to put up with some delays. First round wasn't all bad (started off with a birdie on a good putt), but not particularly great either, however, early on the second round, putting touch disappeared completely.

As evidenced by getting the best shot off the tee on a hole that's given me trouble (stupid mando on the left blocking RHFH shot), got within the circle on a backhand (a first for me on that one), so had a putt for birdie, instead airball, airball, chain-out and write down a double bogey :wall: :thmbdown: ! Followed that up with another bogey, but somehow clawed myself back to even par despite throwing all backhand off the tee, including getting a birdie on a hole I hadn't birdied with my forehand. But then messed up a couple of shots and went back over par.

My friend got another ace, he's starting to open up a gap in the ace tally, 3-1 now, with only a single chain-out (my percentages with ace vs chain-outs are probably exact opposite :wall: ).

Played two rounds yesterday. The first round I totally sucked, the second was much better. Spent 20 minutes helping a guy look for a disc under the snow. Ribbons and tape.:doh:

Two rounds yesterday at Rollin' Ridge. Shot very mediocre.

Oh well, I guess it was still throwing at Rollin' Ridge.

played awfully awful on the ice covered course near my house. Tee pads were iced over still so some slippery stand still tee shots, lots of trees hit, and several puts that slid on ice OB. Bogie bogie bogie double bogie, maybe even a triple in there.

Wasn't much fun

Shot my best round today at Audubon Park in Garland, a 50. Should have got a 49 but shanked a drive and screwed up my scramble for par trying to run at the basket from far out instead of just throwing an easy up shot for 3. Pretty stoked though to get a 50, most people shoot 58-60 there consistently. Still looking for that first round in the 40's though.

Threw like Thor, putted like poop. Ended up 1 worse than my average (for that course).

Shot my best round today at Audubon Park in Garland, a 50. Should have got a 49 but shanked a drive and screwed up my scramble for par trying to run at the basket from far out instead of just throwing an easy up shot for 3. Pretty stoked though to get a 50, most people shoot 58-60 there consistently. Still looking for that first round in the 40's though.

Good job. My best there is 55 but I'm usually around 60 like you say. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep Harry Myers from kicking my butt. I'm either mediocre for the round or shooting good with a couple of "blow up" holes.

We need to throw Harry Myers together. I usually shoot 56-58 there from shorts, played longs once and felt like selling all my discs. Hole 3 seems to be my defining hole. If I can get a 4 its gonna be a great round, if I get a 5 it could go either way, but I've taken a 6 there a few times, its hard getting back on track after that.

I'm not unhappy with a 6 on three and I'm tickled with a 5 from the short tees. Oddly enough, the only time me and a friend played the longs I got a 5 on three from the long tees and so did my friend in the same round. Bet I won't be doing that any time soon. I'd play the longs more often at HM, but my friends don't enjoy it. I still like the short tees and my best is 63 if I remember correctly (nope 62). One other course that feels like a struggle for me is Turner in G.P. We'll try to get together once the days are a bit longer and my work schedule slows down some.

Last edited:
threw a very inconsistent +1 on Oakland back yesterday. 3 birdies, 2 bogies, 1 double (which was a 3 putt :wall:) Missed about 4 other birdie putts from inside 35' too. I also strained my hip somehow on the last drive of the round. I'm out of practice, out of golf shape, and starting to get old.

I'm not unhappy with a 6 on three and I'm tickled with a 5 from the short tees. Oddly enough, the only time me and a friend played the longs I got a 5 on three from the long tees and so did my friend in the same round. Bet I won't be doing that any time soon. I'd play the longs more often at HM, but my friends don't enjoy it. I still like the short tees and my best is 63 if I remember correctly (nope 62). One other course that feels like a struggle for me is Turner in G.P. We'll try to get together once the days are a bit longer and my work schedule slows down some.

I need to play from the longs more to put myself out of that comfort zone and force myself to throw longer distances and different lines. Probably start doing that this week with the awesome weather we'll be having.

Mixed results for the two rounds. First round, couldn't get into a groove with what was the first really windy round in a long time. This round included such highlights as getting a shot to skip to about 5 feet, but since the bucket was on a crest, wind gets hold of the disc and walking up to my lie, it was about 25 feet away, as well as what I thought was a good shot with my Rampage. Straight into the wind, it keeps going forward flat halfway to the basket, I'm like, okay, it fought the wind and didn't flip, now just some fade right (RHFH) toward the basket. Instead, it tilts to the left, coming down what looks like an angle you'd expect from a RHBH spike hyzer :gross: . Didn't even see a birdie chance until #18, but managed to sink that at least.

Second round, getting my bearings a bit better, avoid the bogey-bogey start, but still at +2 after the front-9. Make a par save on #10, then two superb putts (into the wind), followed by a good putt, drop-in and another superb headwind putt to go five birdies in a row. Not sure I've ever done that before :hfive: . Adding in a birdie on #18, manage to score -6 on the back-9 :eek: . Especially given how VFW (very fricking windy) it was, probably the most wind I've seen on any of the courses, even at this one which is on the coast and usually has solid breezes, finished on a high note.

Garbage. Played Harry Myers long, and sucked. Shot a 69. My first time from the longs and had some God awful throws. Really need to work on throwing from the longs. That'll get me used to throwing through gaps and a ton of different angles. Completely different course.

Status
Not open for further replies.