• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two rounds at Silver Creek. First round started with frost on the ground, second ended with wet feet. -1 and -3...had good runs, and had heinous runs. Really trying to drive with putters a lot more, and it's helping...just have to dial it in.

On the good side, ripped one about 415-425 off the sledding hill. That's always fun.

;)

:thmbup:

Hey, when you usually only throw 300-320', just watching something out of my hand go that far feels awesome!

Hey, when you usually only throw 300-320', just watching something out of my hand go that far feels awesome!

300 - 320??? Don't make me unleash Christian Bale on you AGAIN. :|

Seriously, nice work. Not sure how the weather was in your neck of the woods, but we had some crap here today.

300 - 320??? Don't make me unleash Christian Bale on you AGAIN. :|

Seriously, nice work. Not sure how the weather was in your neck of the woods, but we had some crap here today.

It was chilly early, as we got to Manitowoc around 8am. By the time we left, it was about 55º and beautiful. Even managed to bird the last two holes on the way out.

BTW, that link didn't even work for me, so there's that. Plus, the only movie I ever liked Bale in was American Psycho.

It was chilly early, as we got to Manitowoc around 8am. By the time we left, it was about 55º and beautiful. Even managed to bird the last two holes on the way out.

BTW, that link didn't even work for me, so there's that. Plus, the only movie I ever liked Bale in was American Psycho.

Chilly all day here.

I've never seen American Psycho, but I've read the book three times. One of my favorite dark comedies about 'Murica.

Excellent stuff.

Had my best ever weekly tournament round going yesterday morning at SFDGC, but had to stop after hole 14 to go pick up my wife (who was running in the Nike half marathon). I was +5 going into hole 15, so unless I had a complete meltdown, I would have easily beaten my previous best (+12). Sigh.

Worst part was, when I got to where I was supposed to pick her up (about 5 minutes after the time we planned on), I had to wait another 30 minutes before her and her friend arrived. I totally could have finished my round. :doh:

Played the State Coordinators one rd challenge at my league's course. 24 total holes. all pars and bogeys. no birdies, no doubles. finished 3rd in rec.14 shots behind the winner, who would have tied for 1st in open. I must have missed 10-12 putts that hit metal. I really need to practice putting a lot more.

i finished +2 at oakwood in random doubles, was paired with a partner who really couldn't contribute. it's okay, we had fun despite the crap weather. :) putting is getting a lot better. finding myself running and hitting metal/chains a lot from 30-50, and inside 30 i'd say is about 6-7/10.

i was a little irritated, though. not with my partner, but people were giving me crap for taking my shots instead of hers. there was one hole where we were the same distance from the basket, but her putt was with a right to left headwind and mine was with a left to right tailwind.

naturally i said we should probably take mine since the wind was better. she kinda just looked at me and everyone said i was being a jerk. sorta ruined my round. and these guys i've been playing with all summer in leagues.

Played a WINDY round on a course that is tough in the wind. Shot pretty good, and if i just could have hit some 25' putts (hit metal hi/low but dead center on 5 deuce putts) i would have shot my best round ever despite 15mph winds. Pretty stoked really.

I am LOVING my new Star Firebird. I have always been a champ firebird guy, but for less "utility" disc and more awesomeness, the star is becoming a huge favorite of mine. It's like an instant "perfectly beat-in" champ firebird.

Set up 9 holes at my home course to be "my daughter's" holes. I made them all in the 65'-125' range and par 3 so that she'd have a legitimate shot at being able to shoot par, or better, soon with some practice. I'm playing them all as 2s. She played OK and ended up throwing a 35. I threw a 2 over 20 after one bad throw and one terrible missed 8' putt since I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

This should be a lot of fun. I hope that it will encourage her to play more full rounds with me. It will give her a legit goal to shoot for, knowing that she can improve upon her first round. When she plays from the regular tees with me she normally doesn't make it through all 9 holes, sometimes just finishing out holes from my drives.

Had my best ever weekly tournament round going yesterday morning at SFDGC, but had to stop after hole 14 to go pick up my wife (who was running in the Nike half marathon). I was +5 going into hole 15, so unless I had a complete meltdown, I would have easily beaten my previous best (+12). Sigh.

Worst part was, when I got to where I was supposed to pick her up (about 5 minutes after the time we planned on), I had to wait another 30 minutes before her and her friend arrived. I totally could have finished my round. :doh:

Yes, but if you would have stayed to finish your round, your wife and her friend would have been 15 minutes earlier than the time you were supposed to be there. Murphy's law man.

I am sorry to say that it has been a week since I have been out on the course. Between trying to get the house ready for our first child in december, having a nasty cold, and deploraable weather for some one getting over said cold I just have not been out. Hopefully Wed. or Thurs. I will get a round in.

Yes, but if you would have stayed to finish your round, your wife and her friend would have been 15 minutes earlier than the time you were supposed to be there. Murphy's law man.

So true. It was, like most SF mornings, cold and foggy. If she had to wait for me on the corner freezing her buns off after running 13 miles, I don't think either one of us would have been very happy. :(

So true. It was, like most SF mornings, cold and foggy. If she had to wait for me on the corner freezing her buns off after running 13 miles, I don't think either one of us would have been very happy. :(

Happy wife, happy life. You ditching out on a round to get her should score many brownie points.

Time to start scheduling that weekend long discing trip.

I got out to my neighborhood park to let my dog run and do some field work today. Everything was perfect today. Great weather, and I was crushing my discs. I knew is was going to be good when I hyzerfliped my flippy stingray past where I usually throw my fairways... About 340. It's pretty rare I break 400 on flat ground and no wind but all 5 of my distance drivers were over 400 today. It's cool to have people walking and playing at the park stop and watch the discs fly.

Also broke 800 for the first time in 1025 putting at my basket in my back yard.

Good day.

I can't explain what happened the last time I played. I went into the final round 8 strokes back from 1st and 7 strokes ahead of 3rd. I had the green light to go for things I normally wouldn't do on a course with OB's on almost evry hole. The leader had a bad day and I ended up winning by 2 strokes. Anything can happen.

My buddy and I set our Doubles record for early morning Disc Golf at Delaveaga with -7 for the first 22 holes. Was a mix of long and short positions. No bogeys, 7 birdies (including a Par on hole 13, a hole that averages closer to 4 than 3, even for the Pros). It was dark when we arrived, my buddies shoulder was hurt and he threw forehand the whole round. It was one of those days where every time one of us failed, the other made a nice shot. Had two Par saves over 30 feet. Each of us made a long birdy putt of 50+. Good times.

Played in the snow and sleet this morning for the first time. Played pretty well considering the weather. Slippery on the hillsides. Wet feet, wet bag and jacket. Everything drying out as we speak. A real learning experience.

Played Sunday at one of my least favorite 18+ hole courses (Whittier Narrows, Ca) but for a good cause. One of our club members passed the week before and it was a '1st annual memorial' meet-up. Per his family, we raffled off his playing discs (I have zero luck for life, I swear) then did 2 seperate CTP's - the first for 5 collector discs (no skill there either) and next for his (used twice?), Dynamic Discs Ranger backpack.

I landed 3' from the basket as the 8th in line of 29 total competitors so the last 21 guys went for an ace which only landed them further from the basket. Next closest was about 6' and I was already eyeing that pack for my next anyway.

Talk about a money disc!

Status
Not open for further replies.