• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have, another Minnesotan here with the 30+ mph howling across the valley in oakwood. Truly nasty, but played my cards right depending on the wind and ended at +3. Not as bad as I anticipated. Worst wind I've played in to date.

Watched this (and Part 2) and added about 25' to my drives at the local 9 holer (soon to be 18-ish!).

Not sure how I've never seen this video before this morning, but damn it just clicked with me....

Played Wolf with my bro and a friend on a windy day at Rockburn. Won the first nine without doing anything particularly notable. Needed to win the 17th hole to tie for the second nine. Parked a River drive that annied perfectly through the woods, but my buddy sank a 60-footer for the push. Oh well.

Nice turnout for doubles today... going into last hole, the scores were -7, -6 (my team), -6, -5, -1... it was close all day near the top, and then both -7 guys throw OB on #18 for their only bogey.

3-way CTP for 1st and 2nd and the -7 team gets shut one is parked within 5 feet and another hits the basket. Super day in the Ozarks for golf.

It was the winter league opener today, and I shot my first birdie free(and worst) round of the year.

Me and an open player took 2nd in Sunday doubles. I deuced a hole by myself that I have only deuced a few times. I switched back to straddle putting a couple weeks ago and banged a ton of putts, including a 55 footer.

I had some really awesome shots, and then some not so awesome, and most in between. Almost aced a hole that is pretty tricky to ace. Not sure if anyone has aced that hole.

I played my "best" round today, a -7 at Pleasant Hill DGC in Scarborough, Maine (was in the area on business). I place best in parentheses because it was a bit hard to judge for a few reasons. First and foremost, as many reviewers mention, I don't agree with the par ratings for the holes. If I adjust some of the pars to what I think would be a fair set of "red tees" for a player of my ability, I think I can still fairly say I shot a below par round, maybe a -1 or -2, which would still constitute my lowest score over 18. But this was also the first truly open course I've played, so I have a hard time judging it against rounds played at other courses.

All that said, I really enjoyed the course. It was quite different than the moderate to heavily wooded course I'm used to, so I got to drive more freely and was really please with how my disc control uas evolved. It was windy, and the open course really allowed me to put the unLace through the paces. For lower arm speed players, this should be your distance driver. Even with the wind, I was able to hit my lines as long as I managed a good release.

I didn't intend for this to come off so much like a review. In the end, I felt like I played very well for a new course that was a different playing experience for me, and responded well to the 40F temp and blustery winds. Game continues to progress :thmbup:

Had a bounce out ace on a two hundred foot straight shot today. I was throwing a beat medium eclipse ion; maybe it's time to start beating in a soft eclipse ion.

Well it was a one round event yesterday but shot a 52 @ Wilco for a 1031 round rating. Pretty stoked about that. Even feel like a left a few out there but hey that happens just about every round

I played in a C-Tier on Saturday and did OK in the first round. Could have a had a crazy good round but the longer birdie putts were just clanking metal all morning. I was on the chase card for round 2 and the wind really picked up (15-30mph and switching, gusting from different directions). I started bad and then it got worse! I finished 9th out of 11 players in my division. Those are the days you just chalk it up as "experience" and move on!

+4 for the first 24 holes at Dela. Was even up til 13, but that one is a doozie, and I got its nickname, I5. Then I got all excited cuz 14 is in the short position and then missed the window and got a 4 there. In any case, I could compete with Am1s with scores like this, so I should give a tournament a try one of these days. I'm sure that I'll get +5-10 more in a tournament, but gotta start sometime :).

1 step forward and a giant leap backwards. So frustrating today. Shot one of my worst rounds after playing really well for a couple weeks. Oh well...

Had to squeeze in a quick round after work and before sunset. Yes, I hate the time change. It was a beautiful fall afternoon in Northern Georgia, with the yellows and oranges of the falling leaves reflecting off of the lake at Fort Yargo State Park. And my putters seemed to have an affinity for the the yellow band of the Disccatchers. Shot 1 over with 5 birdies, but easily could have been 5 down.

Had to squeeze in a quick round after work and before sunset. Yes, I hate the time change. It was a beautiful fall afternoon in Northern Georgia, with the yellows and oranges of the falling leaves reflecting off of the lake at Fort Yargo State Park. And my putters seemed to have an affinity for the the yellow band of the Disccatchers. Shot 1 over with 5 birdies, but easily could have been 5 down.

I think that was my problem. Got off at 4:30 and on the course by 4:45 and felt like I had to rush to beat the sun. Was beautiful though.

I played in my first tourney this past weekend. Shot a +15 over to finish square in the middle of the rec card. Considering that I could of easily been about +9, it was awesome. Finished a stroke out of winning some plastic so that was kind of sad for me. Not a single person in my cards believed I had only been playing for 3ish months. Pretty awesome to get complimented for playing.

Recorded my 1000th round in the scorebook today, shooting a 44 at my home course (over 200 rounds there: I should go pretty low!). :thmbup:

otoh, I still blew the bogie-free round. :(

Yesterday it was an absolutely perfect November day here in Western NY. I had a lot of stuff to do, but how could I pass up shirt sleeve weather?

I played the original 18; shot +2. Other than missing that damn mando again. :wall: taking a triple bogey 6, it was a pretty good round. My shoulder was up to it and I had most of my old distance. Two ace runs. And the conditions were perfect for practicing rollers I think. I'm starting to figure it out. :clap:

I wish I could describe a, "I sure hope this roller works." shot I attempted and stuck like an Olympic gymnast. And I wish I could accurately describe how i got in the scrap, the wrong side of a huge untrimmed willow, and the wrong side of the tree line, because of a roller that went terribly wrong.

Played Winter Park (WI) for the first time. Mixtures of the shorts and longs...freakin' awesome course, as has been mentioned many times here before. Not great the first round, really well the second. Only ones on the course, except for four bucks chasing a doe.

I seriously wish this course was just a bit closer to home...it's just too damn cool going up and down the mountain. So much elevation and tricky pin placement. Love it.

Threw an awesome 80 foot anhyzer upshot with a mcpro aviar that went in. Threw it from behind a tree and it was turning left then straightened out perfectly in time to hit dead center , felt awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts