• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a few rounds at my local course, nothing too remarkable. I had fun dialing in my shot selections for the upcoming Showa Open. I also had an interesting conversation about teepad quality on the course. It was like pulling teeth trying to convince the TD that rutted mud pads are not acceptable.

Played a few rounds at my local course, nothing too remarkable. I had fun dialing in my shot selections for the upcoming Showa Open. I also had an interesting conversation about teepad quality on the course. It was like pulling teeth trying to convince the TD that rutted mud pads are not acceptable.

I thought that rutted, muddy, pads were everyone's favorites. :p

Fun Fact: Sales of adult diapers surpassed sales of diapers for babies for the first time in Japan this past May.

+8 on a small 9 hole course down the road from me. Had a few pars, one what I'd consider a mid range putt for par, AMD two makable 2 putts that should have been for par. But today was the first day I didn't try to power the disc around. Stayed down the middle and threw some decent shots. Avergaged about 220 feet.

Shot my best one footed round (red layout, bald eagle) at -6. Very close to my best round ever (a -8 would tie it) missed 2 putts inside the circle. Hole 6 was a pretty solid chain out, slightly high and left. Hole 9 just glanced the right side of the chains. And Hole 5 was a jumper that I was just a little weak on. One of these days I'll get that elusive -9 (or 10) would be crazy if I did it with only one foot...

quit after 9

it was cold and chitty and i had to chite.

oh yeah for everyone following my diary. now at riverside st cloud mn I ran hole number one...my dx aviar rolled into the street after barely missing the basket....got ran over at least by one person today. there was a good string of cars so i cant be sure how many.

so that makes two people at least to run over this disc within its lifetime. and yes i was still able to throw it out to 250 on a hyzer.

Just got into disc golf a couple months ago, but loving it!

Yesterday, played a couple rounds on my home course and was really happy to get another couple shots off my personal best. Down to +13 now, and felt I played a great round for myself.

Today went with some friends to check out a new (and I mean NEW, just installed a week ago) 9 hole course a couple miles out of town. Consisted mostly of short and tight shots, went on to grab a +2 on my first round (was on course for par before the last hole). Got a couple higher scores later, but was happy overall, and a pretty fun course too. Have now played 5 different courses too, so feeling pretty good!

Got in another round with the wife this morning, had a really good run. I don't think I had 3 double bogies, 2 were far (for me) putts that nailed the basket but fell short. I was happy with that though compared to my last round at Harry Meyers. Ended up with a +14, best round so far coming off a +19 a few days ago.

-1 at Capital Springs over lunch in Madison from the shorts in 4,000,000 mph winds and -5 at the home course (Horicon DGC).

Pretty nice little Wednesday.

new PB at calvary. -6

missed a few long putts. and with two bogeys too. could have been lookin at -10. looks like i have a new goal now

Eagle's Peak was a blast last night. My buddy and I got out for a round about 530 last night and played about half of the course in the dark. He had his new Glow Vibrams with and wow. They are SO bright!

And a lot of Gin & Tonic...

Shot well enough, but my friend blew up, and it made the round a bit tense. What's more is it gave credence to the "first hole birdie curse" at School House Gulch: Wherein- if you get a two on the first hole bad things happen soon after. He ended up DNF'ing like four holes out of frustration... or what I like to call- "the Nikkos".

Sometimes I just wonder why I worry about what discs are in my bag....

So tonight I played a round of glow at a tough localish course.

I had my glow bag, which was almost all new disc, this included:
- Putters were glow chief / summits. These are my normal molds, just new discs
- Mids were new molds (obex/ibex) instead of my beloved buzz. Less than 10 practice tosses with either.
- Fairways were new molds (trak/ascent) instead of my teebirds. Less than 10 practice tosses with either.
- Only driver was a champ sidewinder. Star SW is my primary driver and this was WAY more stable so it only saw FH duty. This particular disc is my main FH driver in my main bag.

No flippy SWs. No Buzzz. No Firebird. No teebird. And....

....I shoot 3 off my personal best. During a glow round. I birdied 2 holes I've never birdied before (to be fair those were with my champ SW which is my normal disc for that shot).

So that felt really awesome...but makes me wonder why I bother thinking so much about what goes in the bag.

played awesome at riverside. parked a ton of drives including hole 10 for a 10 foot putt

+17. Played at The Cedars in Fate, TX today. Out of the tee box I'm sticking some nice and straight drives, a few hold a real low flight pattern, a few got up in the wind and turned over, for the most part I'm keeping them low and straight, still really trying to just hammer form and not over power the discs. My putting game is lacking, anything over 10 feet and its hit or miss. A basket in the backyard is in progress, had some old timbers laying around and an old bike rim so figured I'd put them to use and do a homemade basket on the cheap.

Played pretty awesome today got a metalflake destroyer in a trade. Only had time for 9 holes. Missed birdie putt on 1, parked 2 for eagle, parred 3 toughest hole on the course. Didn't throw a bad shot till my drive on 6, hate that I had stuff to do and leave after the front 9.

I played a round of Ript Revenge with a couple friends on White Cedar. We were able to play cards until about Hole 12, when we started taping lights on.
Its really frustrating when you come up to one of the hardest holes on the course and someone plays the 'Silent' card on you. So hard to not say anything when everything is going wrong.
To lighten the mood after my failed attempts, I decided to play the 'heckle' card while I was silent so I ran around a ton, and threw a bunch of leaves at my buddy while he was throwing. He looked so confused.

I played a round of Ript Revenge with a couple friends on White Cedar. We were able to play cards until about Hole 12, when we started taping lights on.
Its really frustrating when you come up to one of the hardest holes on the course and someone plays the 'Silent' card on you. So hard to not say anything when everything is going wrong.
To lighten the mood after my failed attempts, I decided to play the 'heckle' card while I was silent so I ran around a ton, and threw a bunch of leaves at my buddy while he was throwing. He looked so confused.

what the hell is cards? and how much alcohol needs to be involved

Played a round and a half in the rain today, yay! :| At least I was gortexed up like a boss. The only thing that made today's crappy tournament worth while was seeing the look on my dumbass friend's at lunch. He was the only person there that didn't come prepared with rain gear.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.