• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. I didn't play very well but I had fun. I haven't played since last weekend. My left hip and my knees really hurt, gotta start exercising and stretching again now that I have a desk job.

Dx Gazelle was tearing it up at brp, responsible for almost all my good drives. Holes 4, 5, 6 and 7, as well as Holes 11, 15 and 16 by the hotdog shack across the channels and that hole with the dogleg right over the water. All of these are gazelle holes. Parked the water shot, took a 3 on hole 4 and had some other good drives...but two sevens and a couple other bad holes kept me pretty mediocre.

I have a sneaking feeling that eventually I'm going to go back to teebird/tesla for my driver combo due to limited plastics and lack of overstable gazelles but the gazelle is definitely a great disc.

Went to the field earlier this morning to work on some things, and it's like every time out, I learn something about my grip or form that leads to an "aha!" moment. On my approach shots, I always struggled to keep the disc flying flat and straight, seemed like no matter what I'd hyzer it pretty badly. I was using a fan grip, and noticed on my middle finger it was rubbing on release. I have short and fat fingers, so my guess is the pad on my first knuckle from my hand was creating an unstable release, raising the side of the disc creating a hyzer flight path all the time. I went to a power grip with my pointer finger along the rim, and voila! Approach shots were smooth and flat, a much better lay up, much better speed, distance and rotation on the disc.

Yes, Gazelles are awesome. I am sure we have had this conversation before about Gazelles too. Another great course for them is Kaposia. I am now up to seven Star Gazelles because they are irreplaceable.

Eh. I didn't play very well but I had fun. I haven't played since last weekend. My left hip and my knees really hurt, gotta start exercising and stretching again now that I have a desk job.

Dx Gazelle was tearing it up at brp, responsible for almost all my good drives. Holes 4, 5, 6 and 7, as well as Holes 11, 15 and 16 by the hotdog shack across the channels and that hole with the dogleg right over the water. All of these are gazelle holes. Parked the water shot, took a 3 on hole 4 and had some other good drives...but two sevens and a couple other bad holes kept me pretty mediocre.

I have a sneaking feeling that eventually I'm going to go back to teebird/tesla for my driver combo due to limited plastics and lack of overstable gazelles but the gazelle is definitely a great disc.

Finished in a 3-way tie for 6th in ADV out of 28 at The Flying Eye Open at The Crucible.

Wasn't really happy with any of my rounds, but all were above my rating so guess I can't complain too much.

Really enjoyed the course, and hopefully will get the opportunity to play it again some day. Can't wait to see McFly's and Don't Nice Me Bro's vids of the tourney, and to see Koling shred it for a 58 (-11) today :thmbup:

Last edited:
Yes, Gazelles are awesome. I am sure we have had this conversation before about Gazelles too. Another great course for them is Kaposia. I am now up to seven Star Gazelles because they are irreplaceable.

Yep, but today was the first day I threw them a lot, two rounds at brp and my dx gazelle is more enjoyable than my star. :)

Played 60+ baskets between Memorial Park and Yellow Banks park in Wausau today. Although my scores didn't reflect it, I felt great about how I shot. Had quite a few memorable drives and shots, and was happy with a lot of my mental game and decision making. Also got to play two and a half rounds with two DGCR members, very nice guys and great to shoot with.

My tourney weekend ended with a lackluster finish. Great drives and approaches where overshadowed by poor putting. It was good to test my line up on a different arrangement of holes though. My bag is almost where I want it. Cycling 150 S Wizards for is annoyingly difficult for me. I'm thinking about switching to a couple Ridges instead. I need something a little more reliable

two worthwhile events. jackal is a cool disc. not sure if its going to stay though compared to my stalkers

i got my hornet stuck up in a tree. so the only obvious thing to do is get it down by throwing more discs at it. at one point i had three discs stuck up in this tree.

and yes i got them all down

Good. Brought out a pair of Envys, a Crave, Clash and Trespass. Didn't miss a single putt until the 15th hole, and had a few ace runs. Also smashed the Trespass 500' uphill as I was heading off the course. Felt good, been about a week and a half since I've thrown full power.

Good. Brought out a pair of Envys, a Crave, Clash and Trespass. Didn't miss a single putt until the 15th hole, and had a few ace runs. Also smashed the Trespass 500' uphill as I was heading off the course. Felt good, been about a week and a half since I've thrown full power.

Has the clash officially made the bag? Mine turned a lot more than I anticipated.

Played Rotary Park and Indian Rock in Huntington, West Virginia. I shot even for the day which is huge considering how tough the Rock is for me. I had to warm up for a local tourney, so hopefully I'll do even better when the time comes!

Has the clash officially made the bag? Mine turned a lot more than I anticipated.

Yep. I pair a Clash with a seasoned N Crave and those are the only drivers I use at my home course, Winget. I use the Clash a lot for flicks in the 200-300' range and at that distance it doesn't show any turn. If I throw them 400'+ backhand I can definitely see the turn, but the way I use them they are working perfect. Nice glide, cruising straight, then a hard fade that I can play for a skip at the end. Works great for those straight to right turning holes.

Played 9+ at Seneca today and overthrew two holes that I had never overthrown before. :clap:

Red #2C is a tricky 325' controlled anny over a slight rise and then down to an elevated basket. I threw a G* Tern about 30' past and 20' left of the pin. Had to putt around a tree and walked away with a 3.

White #22A is cedar-strewn 328' downhill that needs to stay low and bend right before fading to the basket. Most folks throw rollers on this hole to stay under the cedars, but I threw a Hatchet air shot that stayed dead on line and skipped 30' past the pin. Sadly, I missed the uphill putt.

I also managed to finish pin-high on red #10B, a 347' downhill anny. The S-FD faded left after making the gap, and I clanked an uphill 40-footer off the cage.

Rhatton's "Rail lines with discs" thread deserves considerable credit for this improvement. Usually I finish short of the pin on these holes, even when I hit the line. More work is needed but it today was very encouraging (even though I did not birdie any of the holes . . .).

I hope to squeeze in another lunch-time nine on Friday.

15 deuces at my home pitch and putt spoiled by the lone bogey four. Had a shot at my first ever round under 40. So best score ever for an 18 hole round, but oh, what could've been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts