• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So you wanna build a disc golf course?

The San Francisco proposal is a nice little item to modify to use for every area of the country.

Thanks!

Not so good. The P&R Dept was open for the idea and liked what Disc Golf has to offer. The problem is that the City has no real spots for us to build a course. They are boxed in with no new area to expand. The areas we wanted to do it in were either slated for passive recreation only (walking, running nothing else) or were wildlife preserves. We have a few other sites we are going to look at and pursue with either cities around the area. We will not give up!!

Good luck! It looks like people like your other course. It must be satisfying.

Those are sweet resources. I've been planning to do some dg course proposals but I've been lazy.

Good luck! It looks like people like your other course. It must be satisfying.

Thanks, It is cool to see people out enjoying the course that I worked very hard to get built. I really enjoyed the process and the end result is far better than I could have imagined. I have even had some non disc golfers comment on how great it was to have a "frisbee" course in Brighton.

With the addition of doubles and some other events at this course we are trying to build interest for the sport and for the course.

I have to say though the best thing that has come from the course is knowing that some people who play daily started playing disc golf for the first time on my course. Some of them are even joining us for doubles.

Knowing all of this makes me want to continue to work with other cities to get courses built.

Sorry for the monologue...:D

Its great. We have a park right down the street with a butt load of acres that is in the 100 year flood plain. They obviously won't risk putting anything expensive like a ball field or tennis courts there. I have been contemplating pitching the idea of a course there. I mean, even if it did flood it would not really harm anything.

Main thing is I need to get out there and make sure it doesn't get marshy all the time.

Thoughts?

Go for it. Just check the marsh area thing first. Maybe if there is some that is a marsh it could be a hazard and create a unique hole. Maybe head over there with a disc or two and make up an object course to see how it would play.

HELP! Where can I find this Proposal Template???

The San Francisco proposal is a nice little item to modify to use for every area of the country.

Thanks!

I'm in the planning stages of building a course here in Bergen County, NJ and the link to the Proposal Template only takes me to a page that says there's an Internal Server Error (which leads me to believe that the page doesn't exist anymore?) Can someone help me to find this template?? I've seen it before and it would ensure the success of me reaching my goal to break ground by spring! PLEASE HELP!!!

HELP! Where can I find this Proposal Template???

I'm in the planning stages of building a course here in Bergen County, NJ and the link to the Proposal Template only takes me to a page that says there's an Internal Server Error (which leads me to believe that the page doesn't exist anymore?) Can someone help me to find this template?? I've seen it before and it would ensure the success of me reaching my goal to break ground by spring! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you so much!!! I'll be sure to start posting updates about my new course ideas!

Last edited: