• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Soft Putter/Firm Putter... Pros? Cons?

because i can now throw over 400' for one reason and one reason alone...I love annoying the shit out of blake.

also, I posted my bad like on the last page before the most recent one.

But for most part about Blake was talking about strength's and weaknesses about firm to soft putters.

I notice I use a Med Wizard for jump putts and outside the circle and if the disc hit the right side it spits out but If it catches the left side of the baskets it stay in. And the exact opposite in using my SSS Warlock. spits out if it hit the left side of the basket and stay in when catching the right side of the basket.

Why is it like that ????? Can some answer that question.

lmf1030 said:
But for most part about Blake was talking about strength's and weaknesses about firm to soft putters.

I notice I use a Med Wizard for jump putts and outside the circle and if the disc hit the right side it spits out but If it catches the left side of the baskets it stay in. And the exact opposite in using my SSS Warlock. spits out if it hit the left side of the basket and stay in when catching the right side of the basket.

Why is it like that ????? Can some answer that question.

Grip on the chains/spin.. Soft putters hit right and grab the chains but left side the spin pushes the disc out. With a hard putter they don't grip as much so they will push out right but not left.

the invisible tree said:
Blake_T said:
i carry 6 molds.

Is this a guessing game?

1. Wizard
2. Roc
3. Cyclone
4. Predator
5. ???
6. ???

I think 5 is OLS.

WHAT IS THE 6TH DISC!?!??!

teebird....

ECE5 ONE 707 said:
mikesolt said:
the invisible tree said:
Blake_T said:
i carry 6 molds.

Is this a guessing game?

1. Wizard
2. Roc
3. Cyclone
4. Predator
5. ???
6. ???

I think 5 is OLS.

teebird....
cyclone and teebird? overlap? blake im disapointed :lol:

I think you guys missed the part where Blake said his last two were valkyrie and orion

corey115 said:
ECE5 ONE 707 said:
mikesolt said:
the invisible tree said:
Blake_T said:
i carry 6 molds.

Is this a guessing game?

1. Wizard
2. Roc
3. Cyclone
4. Predator
5. ???
6. ???

I think 5 is OLS.

teebird....
cyclone and teebird? overlap? blake im disapointed :lol:

I think you guys missed the part where Blake said his last two were valkyrie and orion
:oops: guess so

scooter answered the question about soft vs. hard chain behavior.

i listed those factors but not the why, and he answered the why.

but yah, orion LF and valkyrie are my last.

teebirds and cyclones don't actually overlap. the high speed stability difference is too great, not to mention that teebirds are a lot longer.

teebirds are one-trick horses that are great at what they do but need a compliment of something that is willing to turn over and still flex back.

Blake_T said:
the best feeling putter is the one that's sitting in the basket even if it feels like crap in your hand.

That is really good advice for putter selection. It's the reason I swapped from firm to sss wizards, that and they discontinued the firm plastic. There are unusually stiff sss wizards out there and they work very well for driving, luckily I found one.

While I don't have the weights that I really want in my Med. Wizards, I have been trying them again the last week with very great success. Everyone should use them! I really wish I had some in the 165ish area and around the 170ish area but all I have is max weight for now. I wish money wasn't an issue. :(