• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Soft Wizard

gretagun

Birdie Member
I'm just curious as to how the Soft Wizards or the Super Soft Wizards compare to something like the Omega SS in terms of tackiness or softness. I was at the store today, and they had some Warlocks in, but they were all in the Evolution plastic, and I'm looking for something with a little more give.

Thanks!

soft wizards are much stiffer than an omega ss or even dx aviar. I'd describe it as the stiffness of kc with the feel of dx.
If you're looking for something with give, give supersoft a try

it's as stiff as an E, but it feels to the touch like a soft magnet, omega, etc.

I was surprised at how stiff it was when compared to my soft magnets.

While the soft putters from discraft are really "soft" and bendy, it seems that the gateway ones are only soft/grippy on the outside, but quite sturdy underneath.

From what Dave was telling me, I believe the discraft soft discs are made from a kind of soft plastic, while he blends plastics so the hard plastic stays on the inside and the softer, more pliable plastic rises to the surface/outside of the disc. That way you have, sort of, the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the replies! Think I'll probably get a soft and a super soft.