• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Solstice

@CD-

Eagle Member
https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/solstice

Approved Date: Jan 31, 2022

Specifications
Max Weight: 180.9gr
Diameter: 21.8cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.0%
Rim Configuration: 55.75
Flexibility: 8.75kg

Specs make for a 5 speed large diameter with a very blunt rim configuration and a low height (flat top?). MD4, Chariot, and Lion have similar specs. Millennium has a gap on the OS side of the beadless midranges which could be filled between the Mortar and Aurora MS.

Approved in Quantum plastic that may be the first available plastic. Maybe it will be released at the June Solstice :rolleyes:

I can't remember, is the sentinel beaded? I'd wager from the era it was released that it probably is.

If its an MD4 clone I hope they release it in the standard plastic so i can start a cycle.

It's some Discmania mold configuration; I'm sure if it is the MD3 or MD4. The only guy I know with Millennium connections says MD4, though.

An md4 would make a great compliment to their aurora molds. I feel like if you carried the traditional MS, a beaded MS(chariot), and this maybe md4, your mid range shots should be pretty well covered. I have never thrown a sentinel, and even though I liked the Taurus when it came out, it never really caught on and no seems to actually use it. Hopefully this new one catches on because I'd love to see millennium get a little more notoriety.

The specs look mighty close to the MD4 specs that it certainly could be, probably is.

Isn't the Taurus actually a Champion Roc? I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe on here.

They made a pretty small batch from what I can tell of Q Sentinels last year. I got one and after not throwing one in forever it is so straight with just a nice gentle fade. Not dumpy. Just smooth.

Isn't the Taurus actually a Champion Roc?

I only had one Taurus, a first run when they first came out, and it was penned RX if I remember correctly. So it's a rocX. But yeah. It was basically a domey champ roc. I think it had rancho tooling.

Millennium Discs FB post 2/26/2022 - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4859743460767942&id=129814660427536
The Spring Solstice is coming soon, won't be to long before you can get your hands on the Millennium Solstice. This is an overstable midrange with a flat top, perfect for those hard throws that you can trust to finish with fade. Will be available in DT and Quantum plastic.

Some testers/protos floating around that were available to throw at LVC. I bet we start seeing these by end of the month (Spring solstice is 3/20 and Discs Unlimited Open is on 3/26).

I'm definitely excited to feel these in DX plastic. Standard pro would be nice as well.

Millennium Discs FB post 2/26/2022 - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4859743460767942&id=129814660427536

"The Spring Solstice is coming soon, won't be to long before you can get your hands on the Millennium Solstice. This is an overstable midrange with a flat top, perfect for those hard throws that you can trust to finish with fade. Will be available in DT and Quantum plastic."

Some testers/protos floating around that were available to throw at LVC. I bet we start seeing these by end of the month (Spring solstice is 3/20 and Discs Unlimited Open is on 3/26).

Good info, thanks!

I'm not familiar with Millennium's plastics, but it looks like Quantum = Champion, and DT (Delta T) = KC Pro, is that correct?

I'm not familiar with Millennium's plastics, but it looks like Quantum = Champion, and DT (Delta T) = KC Pro, is that correct?
I can't say definitively that DT is always a stiff DX blend but thats been my experience. Pricing is close to DX. The AP blends have been more like different Pro blends (KC or driver Pro).

Quantum can be any of the Innova Champion blends (including stock discs in Gummy/Metal Flake/Luster Champion in the past) but these look like regular transparent Champion Innova has put out recently.

There is no spring solstice. It is an equinox.
:thmbup: ah, my transfer from the FB post to google search didn't go so well then. Since they mentioned Spring I'd bet before May for a release.

Good info, thanks!

I'm not familiar with Millennium's plastics

There's DT, and ET, and I don't actually know which is closer to DX. My guess is DT because it has a D in it. The glow version of one of those is called Lunar.
They also have a few different stiffnesses for their putters, soft and super soft. And their original "baseline" used to be "millennium standard" which in most cases is the same as driver pro. Quantum is champ. Sirius is star. Zero-G is blizzard champ, I think. I don't know if they ever made a G star, or echo equivalent. They do occasionally have swirly Sirius and luster blends as well. I'm sure I'm missing at least 10 other plastics.

There's DT, and ET, and I don't actually know which is closer to DX. My guess is DT because it has a D in it. The glow version of one of those is called Lunar.
They also have a few different stiffnesses for their putters, soft and super soft. And their original "baseline" used to be "millennium standard" which in most cases is the same as driver pro. Quantum is champ. Sirius is star. Zero-G is blizzard champ, I think. I don't know if they ever made a G star, or echo equivalent. They do occasionally have swirly Sirius and luster blends as well. I'm sure I'm missing at least 10 other plastics.

That's pretty much it. ET is closer to R-pro, DT closer to DX. They are notorious for tinkering with the blends, at least they were when Houck was running it -- they are the ones who kind of came up with CE plastic.

They've put out omegas in KC plastic, which is what I hope they do with this disc, as well as the Mortar. Really all I want is a KC Mortar.

ET (extra tacky) ranges from stiff XT (extra tough/tacky?) to kinda flexible ($11-14)
SuperSoft has become a R-Pro blend in recent runs ($12)
Soft is most like a JK or Yeti Pro blend ($12)
DT is stiff DX (maybe the DX formula Innova use for Drivers vs Mids/Putters) ($9-10)
AP/Millennium Base Standard has been KC Pro (Omega AP 1.16) and Driver Pro ($12)
HyzerBomb Frontline-X was introduced prior to GStar I think. So far no Millennium molds with that blend.

https://www.golfdisc.com/plastic/

Latest posts