• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Sparkle Legacy Patriot

Ripper

Double Eagle Member

IMG_6852 by nickleethomas, on Flickr

I'm sure 90 % of the 100 of each color are on this site? Just curious has anyone tried to sell them or are you keeping to the letter that Steve Rico sent with the discs asking not to sell them? Surprised that none have been on ebay or the auction.

If thrown how do you like them? I had the gold one in my bag but just like my beat in eagles more for that slot than the patriot?

I have a gold one and plan on keeping it for a while. I finally got a mancave and now have a place to display my meager collection. I hope there is a silver left to complete the set. that green/gold looks great!!

Flies incredibly similar to a domey Champ Leopard. It has a fair amount of turn, but not abusive where it will turn and burn, an above decent amount of glide, and when it does finally run out of steam it has some healthy fade but still landing relatively flat. Since I am not going to trade mine, I have no issue throwing them. If and when it ever makes it to the wall, it is because of good memories and a well deserved rest.

Now, the Sparkles fly like Leopards, I am not sure what the normal Pinnacle or Icons are going to do. We are hosting our Ace Run at the end of March and we are planning on having Pinnacle and Excel Patriots. I guess we will see then how they fly.

Have a gold one signed by the Rico Bros and a silver one to throw. Not selling either.

I got this set with the fool stamp they only used in the 1st run ghosts. I also have 2 silvers to throw. They fly like pre Barry and pro line leos

CameraZOOM-20130118160452642_zpsb7c5f797.jpg

I like how they kindly send a letter to all of us Ahole collectors/sellers to not sell his product for personal gain or else they will stop selling presales and limited runs. What about that do you guys not understand? They ARE watching the marketplace, facebook and ebay to see if these pop up. Plain and simple do not do this please because I am a big legacy fan and want to keep having chances at these discs.

I snagged #5 of the silver sparkles, thrown it a couple of times, it is a little more stable than I want it to be, def not selling it but it's not in the bag.

The icon patriots that will be sent to vendors this week are less stable then the sparkle patriots. I have throw all three patriots. The sparkle, the clear pinnacle and the icon. This order is also from most stable to less stable. Now the three colors that have been made in icon so far are red, white, and blue. The reds are more understable then the other two colors. There just easier to shape your shots with.

I was able to get a gold and silver sparkle patriot with my lion skullboy stamp and love it. To me there an easy conversion from another brand to legacy. I can just take out my Less stable teebird and eagle now.

The icon patriots that will be sent to vendors this week are less stable then the sparkle patriots. I have throw all three patriots. The sparkle, the clear pinnacle and the icon. This order is also from most stable to less stable. Now the three colors that have been made in icon so far are red, white, and blue. The reds are more understable then the other two colors. There just easier to shape your shots with.

I was able to get a gold and silver sparkle patriot with my lion skullboy stamp and love it. To me there an easy conversion from another brand to legacy. I can just take out my Less stable teebird and eagle now.

Any similarity to a stalker? By this, I mean nice and straight until you put some muscle into it...

Btw, im not selling. Im just surprised. That people are taking the note seriously. I have a silver and gold also. Im keeping them and after all the insanity with the roc3 and mcaviars actually glad to see it speculating is notinvalid happening. Legacy is great.

Yes the blue and whites are for sure easy to throw straight with little effort and with the addition to some strength they will turn.

Any similarity to a stalker? By this, I mean nice and straight until you put some muscle into it...

Actually my Gold Sparkle Patriot was exactly like a Stalker. The only stalkers that I ever threw were the Crystal Z Stalker and that is pretty much the exact same flight IMHO. It seems a tick slower than a Teebird or Eagle, and slightly more stable then a Leopard.

I've got a gold on gold and I'm not going to sell it but I might throw it.

Latest posts