• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Wraith-X???

SpikeHyzer

* Ace Member *
So...I picked up a new Star Wraith over the weekend. Didn't really pay any attention to it at the time. Took it out to the course yesterday to throw it and the first throw was a bit of a surprise. Way overstable when compared to my other Star Wraiths in the bag. So I look at it closer and noticed the wing/nose of it was similar to my CFR Wraith-X from a few years back. Anybody else run into this in recent runs of Star Wraiths?

Roy said:
see "wraith mis-stamp" thread

Any connections?
i'm not sure, but i think you're perpetuating a trololol of mine from that thread :)

..... as you were DGR 8)

(as they rate speed on wing width, i don't think an overstabilizing nose tweak would ever result in a higher speed rating)

I dont know what Zam is talking about, but I was wondering if this disc had the new stamp?

I think your thread is different. The other thread is about a misstamp, you are talking about how some of the new runs of wraiths act more like 11x firebirds in flight pattern. It is true. I have three wraiths that I acquired from one of our local pros and they are all FREAKISHLY overstable, and not beating up either. I threw one at the glassblown open as hard as I could into a STRONG headwind and threw it flat and a guy on my card said bluntly "thats not a wraith" LOL! Which he is right, it really flies nothing like a wraith.

so i just wanted to chime in and say, yes, you are correct there are some new wraiths out there that are absolutely retarded overstable, they really seems to just want to knife to the ground, but they are nice for certain situations, especially if you have a sidearm and really wanna lay into it.

i am having the exact same issues with a new star wraith. i can't believe what a meat hook this thing is. it's borderline xxx overstable.

i got one a while ago that is just wicked stable, it is more overstable than my NS destroyer. it has the same dome as all my other wraiths but i cant even throw it backhand and if i throw it sidearm i really have to lay into it to get it to go anywhere

krazybronco said:
i got one a while ago that is just wicked stable, it is more overstable than my NS destroyer. it has the same dome as all my other wraiths but i cant even throw it backhand and if i throw it sidearm i really have to lay into it to get it to go anywhere

True that. I guess it will be useful for big ass headwinds, but since it's the only warp speed driver in my bag, it's useless on most days.

I just picked a new wraith with the mistamped ratings on it from dgcenter, haven't thrown it yet but it's FLAT. ZERO dome, how are these real stable wraiths looking for you guys?

We just got in 5 or 6 wraiths in the shop that are star katana flat and I scooped one thinking it was going to be understable and be real easy to throw far. Holy hell was I wrong. It was by far the most overstable wraith I have ever thrown despite it being flat. Also, I am sure this has been brought up but did you notice the stars are speed 12 and the champs are 11? I guess you can't look at dome for wraith stability anymore.

Just picked up a brand new Star Wraith, 174 and super flat. Was out today trying it out straight into 20mph wind, and what a meathook. Yikes!

I'm thinking of trying to "boiling water" some dome into it. Anyone this this will make it a little more humane?

Shakermaker said:
Just picked up a brand new Star Wraith, 174 and super flat. Was out today trying it out straight into 20mph wind, and what a meathook. Yikes!

I'm thinking of trying to "boiling water" some dome into it. Anyone this this will make it a little more humane?

Typically, the faster drivers get more stable with more dome (more dome tends to mean a higher PLH in the faster discs).