• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Wraith

JHern said:
Tossin' in Memphis said:
I have been out of "Innovaland" for quite some time...I recently bought a Star Teebird and a Roc and have never played better...I found a max weight Star Wraith yesterday and threw it a few times before calling the owner....I was expecting it to be like a 169 champ I had a year ago but I was way wrong...the star flattens out, turns just a hair and comes back gently....I was only getting it about 35 feet longer than my Teebird, but I look forward to buying one that is a bit lighter...Anybody use the stars for your main distance driver?

I alternate between a 161g domey Star Wraith, a 175g Star Valkyrie, a 173g ESP Avenger SS, and a 167g Star Sidewinder for my primary distance drivers. The Valkyrie goes furthest for me, but the others are only shorter by about 20 or so ft (I have between 300-330 ft of distance potential throwing backhand, depending on the day). I've had all these discs for a while and they haven't really beat in much at all despite much abuse.

I use the star wraith for several throws...I throw it for hyzer flips when playing into the wind. I also huck it when I feel like I might over-power/turn-over my valkyrie, since it is a tad more stable. I also can obtain long slowly fading hyzers from the wraith for gradually turning fairways. The star wraith also has a nice skip when it hits a flat patch of ground, which can be quite useful (though not as big a skip as the Boss...which is the king skipper in my bag).

PS...I also have a 175g Star Wraith from an older run. It flies somewhat differently (much more stable), but also a great disc.

Did you consider a Pro Wraith? They tend to have more glide(distance) than the Stars. I have a 175w Pro that is pushing my Force and Destroyer on max D.