• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Striving for Better (Form Check)

tallenAZ

I've been playing for about 6 months and want my form to improve. I've seen some significant improvement in distance over the last few months, but I'd really like to be able to hit that 400' distance. I can see that my stance is more open than I realize and also that when I'm in the power pocket my hand is higher than my elbow. These videos were in slow-mo and I noticed that I have considerable wabble out of my hand that I never noticed. I'm sure there is lots to work on. Thanks for any help.

https://youtu.be/o9uYcvgOeYI

Last edited:
You aren't shifting in dynamic balance to the front leg and able to brace upright and rotate. Your rear foot is pushing/tipping your upper body over and collapsing the front leg, instead of driving your hips forward ahead of the upper body before the front heel plants.

You aren't shifting in dynamic balance to the front leg and able to brace upright and rotate. Your rear foot is pushing/tipping your upper body over and collapsing the front leg, instead of driving your hips forward ahead of the upper body before the front heel plants.

I appreciate the input. I haven't had time lately to get out to a field and throw but let me know if I'm on track. The biggest takeaways I see from the videos are shorten my last step and closing my stance. I didn't realize how open I was until I took those videos. My thinking is doing those two things will help drive the hips and shift weight.

Yep, your left step behind is also really long and turned back too far.

You are tiny. Swing back between your thighs into your center.

Ok, so I don't think I've made any progress. My one focus was on closing my stance. I thought I was getting it but this video proves otherwise. I did notice that my front foot looks closed until right before I plant the foot and then it rotates open. Making me thing even more to take shorter steps also I believe that I am not balanced during the throw.

So any improvement here? Thoughts?
https://youtu.be/ZXJJnAYBR50

Also my hips never seem to open and I'm throwing all arm. My hand is above my elbow before and sometimes during the power pocket. I'm sure this is also creating nose up or OAT slowing my disc down. I was getting about 300-340 on these drives.

This is odd way to hold the arm/disc above the elbow. Get your elbow up and out above disc or let disc hang under elbow or let the arm/disc swing to target in x-step. Disc above elbow typically = nose up swing.
attachment.php

Note how you are leaning back and pushing the disc further away and fully extended before plant, instead of leaving it behind and letting the disc lag behind the rest of the body moving forward into plant. If you were doing door frame drill, you would too far away from planting your front heel into the ground when you reach full extension/top of backswing.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91096

Your stance is staggered too closed, and your front foot is turned open. Need to stride more inline and turn whole body/feet further back going into plant.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.37.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.37.51 PM.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.09.56 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.09.56 AM copy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts