• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stroller into DG cart...

DiscNutt123

Double Eagle Member
Just bought a used jogging stroller on the cheap and wanted to experiment. I find, during a tournament, my back and shoulders become fatigued toward the middle of the second round and it really hurts my game and focus/concentration. That being said, I don't want to make someone caddy for me either.

So I'm just looking for some good advice on what to do with a 3 wheel jogging stroller, and no I don't want to just set my bag in the seat. I wanna make it legit (cup holders, putter pocket, clipboard, etc.) And yes I have searched and every thread about this goes off on tangents and don't have much info.

i have a converted jogging stroller. there's not much to it. I stripped it down to the frame then used the original screw holes to attach vinyl straps. the straps are about 8" of material folded back on itself so it's a loop, then i have carabiners on the loops.

i have my bag and a big cooler hanging on it in the picture, with room for another bag. I haven't done all the cup holders and etc yet. you can sit comfortably on the little black plastic piece over the front tire, i'm thinking about putting a pad on it or something

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 442
:shudders:
I know there are a lot of people using them, but I cringe every time I see a dg'er pushing a baby stroller.

Why does it bother you so much?

I'm all for ingenuity, but it's still a baby stroller. If you're pushing around your kid, that's great.

Not that I'm insecure, but I would feel like everyone was laughing at me if I used one for disc...because some people do in fact mock grown men pushing baby strollers for disc golf. That being said, people (n00bs) also mocked dg'ers for using bags once upon a time.

I am a fan of a pull cart. Especially for tourney play.

Yeah, I'm not insecure either. I couldn't care less about what other players think. It's for comfort, and if it helps my back and shoulders stay fresh then I am all for it. I would love a pull cart, but they are not wallet friendly. I got this stroller for $15...

I have a baby stroller that I plan on converting into a DG stroller as well.

And I am proud of it.

I have a baby stroller that I plan on converting into a DG stroller as well.

And I am proud of it.

:thmbup:

Being a father is a great thing that I too am proud of. Using the stroller for dg is a great way to make use of something that is expensive and perfect for dg. I have the BOB and it is far superior to a pull cart. I will be rockin it when the time comes. :D

^ I agree. As a weekend warrior it works great. However, if I were a pro it WOULD be embarrasing. No doubt. :D

All I can say is that I am happy no top pro dg'ers are pushing around baby strollers on the course.

^ I agree. As a weekend warrior it works great. However, if I were a pro it WOULD be embarrasing. No doubt. :D

most "top" pros have their fair share of people willing to caddy for them so there is never a need. i use mine when i have my baby. it is very distracting during a round for awhile. kind of like when you first get your stool.

most "top" pros have their fair share of people willing to caddy for them so there is never a need. i use mine when i have my baby. it is very distracting during a round for awhile. kind of like when you first get your stool.[/QUOTE

Ok. Even most non-"top" pro nobodies don't use baby strollers.

I think you're getting a little too hung up on semantics. It's just a pile of aluminum piping with tires. If someone offered a new product with the exact same construction but labeled it a "disc golf cart" would you still have a problem with it?

At the stage mine's in (stripped down with a golf bag on it) it's as much a baby stroller as it is a rocket ship...

most "top" pros have their fair share of people willing to caddy for them so there is never a need. i use mine when i have my baby. it is very distracting during a round for awhile. kind of like when you first get your stool.[/QUOTE

Ok. Even most non-"top" pro nobodies don't use baby strollers.

i was kind of agreeing with you. but on that note. you obviously have never met tony shirley. but on another side note. i dont think a lot of ppl would care if they were or not (i dont). schultz uses a go cart. to each golfers own.

Having a baby is kinda what got me back in to dg. Disc golf is the ultimate way to pass the time outdoors if you have to watch a baby or small child. I have met some cool dudes in similar situations. The BOB stroller is the best thing I ever bought, if it had discs pockets on the sides that would be the bees knees. Since twins are on the way it will be the beer/disc carrier if I ever get to play again.

I think, at the amateur level, it looks real dorky to have big giant bags with every color of the rainbow disc. Much cooler, if we are on that subject, when you cruise around with a mid and putter and school everybody up!

Hey everyone, don't forget that JohnE McCray is using a baby stroller at any PDGA tournaments in Florida. He has 1033 rating then.

Once again, a stroller thread gone wrong. I'm just trying to get ideas...I don't really care what any of yalls opinions are about having strollers or carts. Tons of people use them in the DFW area, even top pros in the area. And I've also never seen anyone give someone a hard time about it. The end.