• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at the usual 350-380 on backhand

Its always "fun" to start all over! Good luck man!

A few pointers. You need to get your throwing arm sorted out.. asap. You can have great body mechanics, but it doesn't matter
If the arm gets no benefit from it. You "collapse" your pocket and (not sure how to explain this) kinda throw with your arm fully stretched for too long..

Welcome to the standstill-rebuild club! Looks like you need to get more tilt in your swing, your shoulders are pretty level. SW22 noted this in my swing and it help fix what I think Kennets is pointing out above.

Note how Henna's shoulders are tilted about 45 degrees vertical and she's throwing a turnover shot.
attachment.php

j8XPj84.png

I think the inside swing drill and door frame drill can help with this, at least they seem to be helping me.

Welcome to the standstill-rebuild club! Looks like you need to get more tilt in your swing, your shoulders are pretty level. SW22 noted this in my swing and it help fix what I think Kennets is pointing out above.

j8XPj84.png

I think the inside swing drill and door frame drill can help with this, at least they seem to be helping me.

Huh. And here I was thinking I was tilted over since, as you can see in the video, I start tilted over somewhat "correctly". I see now that habits seem to take over and I go back to standing up? Muscle memory is gonna be real annoying to correct in that regard.

Huh. And here I was thinking I was tilted over since, as you can see in the video, I start tilted over somewhat "correctly". I see now that habits seem to take over and I go back to standing up? Muscle memory is gonna be real annoying to correct in that regard.

Yes, for me it took spending some time in front of a mirror doing the reachback and looking at my shoulder angle. Still working on that and there is a good thread going on about it as well here:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3850295

I found Trebuchet's video interesting in that if you don't counter balance correctly your body will un-tilt itself so that you don't fall over.