• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

suggestions for my first driver

Currently, for all my drives, I use a dx t-bird. I throw rhbh and can get it out to about 330 consistently. Im looking for something fairly easy to learn. I just need that extra oomph for the 400 foot holes.

hmmm, not bad for a start. If you throw something just for added distance you could be giving up accuraccy. Higher speeds does not mean more distance, but if you really want to increase speed I think the Starfire or SL would be good for you.

i agree with prerube, but feel the SL would be a better choice over the starfire IMO

Valk? might be a nice step up for ya.. S-PD is like a longer teebird... have you thrown any faster drivers yet?

I've got a noodle arm but I get big distance easiest with a Z Nuke. I don't have huge hands so I can't grip a wide winged fast driver for BH drives, but the Nuke is easily thrown FH. For BHs you might want to try an Orc. And my Champion Starfire is getting further all the time.

every new player I have ever seen throw a Vulcan gets an immediate increase in distance, but I hate reccomending because a person just understanding their form can get huge differences (left to right) from throw to throw with a Vulcan.

I think thats why the Vulcan is good. Its not the disc giving them differences, it's the ammount of hyzer you do or don't put on it and/or either the lack of consideration for wind or the lack of knowing the wind change on down the fairway.

Outside of that, it is very fun to throw, you just save it for when distance is at a premium over accuracy; which isnt all that often but it does happen.

EDIT: Oh, and I am not a big fan of the speed 9/10 drivers as I feel a DX Teebird really is just as long. TBH, it can be as long for me as the Vulcan, the Vulcan is just easier to do it.

The vulcan is easy distance, I don't think you would have a problem with the Valkyrie either.

If you do wanna go fast(ish), I threw an archon this morning and really liked it. It's speed 11 and the rim doesn't feel as huge as the speed 13's. Had a nice flight to it too, but I've got all of 1 throw into the thing so I'm no expert. I did like it though and it went pretty far when and I didn't try to bomb it.

my suggestion for the distance you are throwing are the fallowing,

1. Wraith
2. surge
3. Flow

these are all pretty similar discs but made by different company's. I think these will fit into your wheelhouse and will give you some added distance without having to do anything funky with disc angle.

Cheers - Koffee