• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

jubuttib said:
I got a horrendous blister on my forefinger (between the second and third knuckle, assuming the first knuckle is closest to the tip) from pounding the hammer with the fake grip, and now I can't throw forehand at all for a while. Not what I call improvement. =)

sounds like someone forgot to tape up.

keltik said:
sounds like someone forgot to tape up.
A. Taping up like in the image would have done nothing (wrong part of the finger) and B. I was wearing a glove.

i took a huge patch of flesh off on that spot when i taught this 12 times in one day.

i have since learned to find discs that have low friction, no flashing, etc. oddly enough the disc that took it off was a power genesis. it never hit the blister stage... went right from "just fine" to "gushing blood with no skin where there should have been skin".

i also said not to do it like 200 times :p guessing you must have done it more than 20. i will try to amp up my disclaimer if it becomes a true article.

at least blisters turn into callouses.

if you notice in my videos i have a huge layer of duct tape both on the segment where your blister is and the joint near the tip.

The only problem I have found with taping is that it takes away from the fake grip since I find it makes the disc easier to hold on to.

Blake_T said:
i also said not to do it like 200 times :p guessing you must have done it more than 20. i will try to amp up my disclaimer if it becomes a true article.
It actually was pretty close to 20-30, vertical and horizontal combined. Ya, I know I have soft girly hands. Did it with a Pro Destroyer that still had a bit of flashing, should have done it with the Nuke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa8QHevIGKs&feature=related

sounds similar, but Blake does a lot better job explaining things.

Dave and Blake "teamed up" to write the first definitive distance driving article back in the early 2000s.

Plus, there really isn't too much to it for FHs. What dave said is pretty much it, but blake breaks it down "Barney-style" so that everyone can get it.

Jeronimo said:
I'd love to see Blake "Break it down".

Yes that was a dance joke.

Ask, and you shall receive:

20071013213405!DiVaD540.gif

Latest posts