• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superstitions?

BIG MACK

Birdie Member
Do you have any disc golf superstitions? Like your discs have to face a certain way in your bag? You have to wear a certain hat? You wash your discs before tournaments? A religious pre-shot routine? Warm-up routine that you MUST do?

Recently...I've found that I play best with a yellow hat on. So I must play with a yellow hat.

Washing my discs before tourneys hasn't let me down yet, and a I have a brown pair of Volcom shorts thats I have been wearing for 4 of my 8 aces, so I keep those clean and wear them alot hehe.

Empty pockets, discs in order, and don't mess with my hat/hair with my throwing hand

I prefer to have my pockets empty, my discs in a certain order, and I hold my discs when I throw with the logos parallel to my arm, I don't know why I do this, its kinda like shooting free throws and having the black lines on the basketball be straight and putting your fingers on them.

Discs always go in the bag exactly the same in the same order. If im missing putts i'll change minis.

Those are some interesting habits. I have my cell phone in the right pocket and the rest are empty. The discs in my bag always stay facing the same way and grouped correctly. Not really superstitions though.

ya i would say i always have my keys in a certain pocket in my bag and my cell phone in my left pants pocket. If i am playing bad the first thing i check is where my phone/keys are and adjust accordingly. I guess you could say it is just a way for me to refocus myself subconsciously and not so much a superstition. Always gotta wear my favorite shoes and my beat up Houston Astros hat(like 5 years old and all faded/frayed...every guy should have a hate like this). If I accidentally go out in the wrong shoes, it tends to get in my head and is my biggest downfall.

when im throwing BH i always hold the disc so if it was in front of me the words wouldnt be angled. if im throwing sidearm i don't really care.
putting i have a lil line up thing i do but thats about it.

oh and when i hit an ace i dance for at least 10 mins and sing "sexy back" from justin timberlake (I've never hit an ace) :lol: :x

No superstitions. I do like playing without anything in my pockets, not for superstition reasons, but because I think its more comfortable.

I'm with the empty pocket people, allways use the same mini, and my discs all have to be in the right order. I also only use black and white putters and all of my non-putters have to be a color (not black or white).

taylor714 said:
No superstitions. I do like playing without anything in my pockets, not for superstition reasons, but because I think its more comfortable.

Yeah, we have somebody the likes playing without any pockets - by that I mean, no clothes. Might be comfortable for him, but really makes the rest of us *uncomfortable*. Luckily, he doesn't do it on league night.

Bag o' gummy bears, every tournament.
I've never won any big tournaments but I've also never finished dead last; probably has nothing to do with the gummy bears now that I think about it.

i wash my discs before tourneys, empty out my pockets and i have a solid white innova mini that i use. sometimes i will take off my hat if i am playing bad, also, if i am throwing like lesbian for days before a tourney i will shave my head. i have come to the realization that i am powerless over my superstitions.

I too have to have empty pockets when playing. And if any pockets have zippers on them, they must all be fastened. My discs are always in a specific order in the bag but I don't consider that a suprstition as I'm an organized person altogether.

I don't think I have superstitions, but I do keep my phone in the same pocket of my shorts and my keys in the same pocket of my bag. I also keep my discs in basically the same order, but I think that's just so I can find the one I want easier. I used to have supersititions, but I have sucked badly enough when following them, that they have fallen by the wayside.

Theres a guy in stl I played on card with earlier this year who had to enter the box from the right hand side of whoever threw previously. If that makes any sense. If you tried to step off the pad and go to the right after you threw he would try to get around you. :lol: