• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Tactic vs Harp

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I had an EXOHard Tactic for like 2 rounds before I threw it in a pond. I remember it being more overstable than the Harp, with similar distance.

I've been going putters-only for all the straightforward approaches the last few months. Today I put the VIP Harp back in the mini-bag for a change. I used to rely on it quite a bit. I felt like it was much less stable than I remembered and flexes weren't flexing with some mild wind.

If you've thrown the Tactic side-by-side with the Harp, especially after several rounds, would you say the Tactic stays more stable, or are they similar enough that it really doesn't matter?

Tactic is probably a touch, and I do mean a touch more OS.

I can forehand either pretty well, though I favor the shallower and slightly more OS than either A2 these days.

My most OS Harp and both Tactics I have are darn close, but a stock BT Hard or Medium Harp is not as beefy.

Tactic is probably a touch, and I do mean a touch more OS.

I can forehand either pretty well, though I favor the shallower and slightly more OS than either A2 these days.

My most OS Harp and both Tactics I have are darn close, but a stock BT Hard or Medium Harp is not as beefy.

Have you thrown an A1?

Yes, I have one it's nice. Way more OS than either. If I didn't bag a Stego I would probably carry one.

I bag a Stego. Wanted something in-between the Harp and the Stego. That's where the A2 falls? Particular plastic?

What I really want is a Berg OS

Oh hey- I just remembered I got an Infinite Ruin in the Christmas box. I'll give that one a try. I threw it a couple times in the field and don't remember how it flew.

There are quite a few things that would slot in between a Harp and a Stego.

Zone, Pig, Entropy, maybe even something like a Gator or a Justice.

I had an EXOHard Tactic for like 2 rounds before I threw it in a pond. I remember it being more overstable than the Harp, with similar distance.

I've been going putters-only for all the straightforward approaches the last few months. Today I put the VIP Harp back in the mini-bag for a change. I used to rely on it quite a bit. I felt like it was much less stable than I remembered and flexes weren't flexing with some mild wind.

If you've thrown the Tactic side-by-side with the Harp, especially after several rounds, would you say the Tactic stays more stable, or are they similar enough that it really doesn't matter?

I've only thrown a medium burst Harp and a star-type plastic Tactic (from a mystery box a year ago). I have thrown them side by side because OS putter has been a constant curiosity for me. I've bagged each for months apiece.

My Tactic fights HW more reliably on a flex, otherwise they seem pretty identical in terms of flight. I think I can get a skosh more distance with a Harp, but that's not usually a deciding factor in this slot.

I bag a Stego. Wanted something in-between the Harp and the Stego. That's where the A2 falls? Particular plastic?

If you do go A2, lmk your thoughts. I loved my A3 but I don't want a 400 or 500 plastic. I'd compare A3 and Tactic, and believe the A3 to be the more demonstrably stable disc.

Yes, that's exactly where the A2 is. Almost A1 beefy but not quite and it can go a long at as well.

I have this beat in Stego that is pretty much a Berg OS, but it's unique. It's the only one I have that got domey as it beat it.

After watching some videos, it seems like the A2 might be kinda long, more like a Justice (I already bag)?

It's not as long or as OS as the Justices I bag, but I will be the first to admit that I have certain things types of shot that I like a disc for that may be different than how others may use it.

I also bag super OS moonshine Justices so yours may overlap.

Glimmer Harps are the most OS

I wasn't impressed by the VIP Harp...not as OS as I wanted it to be

The Glimmer, in comparison, is very different. Much more OS.

I tend to bag the Glimmer Harp for OS approach duties FH and BH with skips. I also use a Soft Harp, which seem to have less glide, for sticky approaches.

I've tested an Entropy a little bit. Probably similar HSS to the Harp but the LSS seems greater (as compared to regular Harps and perhaps not the Glimmer) as, with my limited experience so far, the wing seems to dip sooner and the drop to the ground may be a bit more noticeable.

In short:

Glimmer Harp (but $$$, and maybe hard to find)

Entropy might be an option

Threw the ruin again. I remember now why I didn't like it. Cuts hard into the index finger on forehand. So…

I did a thing. I would have preferred 400 or 500 plastic, but in stock is fine. Had enough store credit to walk out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8C6DA1BB-2C87-4500-ACC2-9C24C8F8092B.jpg
    8C6DA1BB-2C87-4500-ACC2-9C24C8F8092B.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 104
The A2 is surprisingly overstable inside 100' on a little flex FH. No joke, similar to the tar pit Stego. The Razor Claw 2 is much more OS than the used VIP Harp, not quite into A2 land. For a full power drive, the A2 and RC2 land in similar spots, but the A2 is skippy, even in base/flex plastic. This was a few quick throws over lunch hour.

Profile picture of the A2 please?

I'm still looking for an overstable approach disc that I can throw comfortably backhand and forehand and it is on a short list of ones I haven't tried yet.

Profile picture of the A2 please?

I'm still looking for an overstable approach disc that I can throw comfortably backhand and forehand and it is on a short list of ones I haven't tried yet.

The A2 is super shallow. Almost feels like a fairway driver in the hand. I don't power grip putters, but the A2 is certainly power grippable.

attachment.php

A2 is also 1/4"(?) smaller diameter.
attachment.php

Attachments

• F264FD99-236B-4798-8EFD-23FBF14918A0.jpg
    F264FD99-236B-4798-8EFD-23FBF14918A0.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 56BD7032-CCAA-41FE-AAEF-38EF28196456.jpg
    56BD7032-CCAA-41FE-AAEF-38EF28196456.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Thanks.

Admittedly, my forehand is garbage. I can forehand a Zone decently but something about the Zone doesn't feel right on a backhand and I often get early releases. I like a Pig or Harp for backhands but I don't forehand either of them very well.

I'm endlessly searching for an approach disc that I can comfortably throw backhand and forehand but I have yet to find that magical disc.