• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Tactic vs Harp

Thanks.

Admittedly, my forehand is garbage. I can forehand a Zone decently but something about the Zone doesn't feel right on a backhand and I often get early releases. I like a Pig or Harp for backhands but I don't forehand either of them very well.

I'm endlessly searching for an approach disc that I can comfortably throw backhand and forehand but I have yet to find that magical disc.

A2 is worth a look. Infinite has b-stock in several plastics.

Thanks.

Admittedly, my forehand is garbage. I can forehand a Zone decently but something about the Zone doesn't feel right on a backhand and I often get early releases. I like a Pig or Harp for backhands but I don't forehand either of them very well.

I'm endlessly searching for an approach disc that I can comfortably throw backhand and forehand but I have yet to find that magical disc.

Have you tried an A3? I was happy with the feel on both FH and BH. Rim reminded me a bit of a skinny Pig. I could see going back to an A3 (from a Zone) when I find one in 750.

Have you tried an A3? I was happy with the feel on both FH and BH. Rim reminded me a bit of a skinny Pig. I could see going back to an A3 (from a Zone) when I find one in 750.

A3 is a gator clone. Very over stable. Huge bead. Goes far.

I bag a Stego. Wanted something in-between the Harp and the Stego. That's where the A2 falls? Particular plastic?

What I really want is a Berg OS

I also wanted something in-between the Harp and Stego and settled on the AGL Baobab (and is effectively my Serpent OS)

I have this beat in Stego that is pretty much a Berg OS, but it's unique. It's the only one I have that got domey as it beat it.

Is yours a proto-run? I also have a Stego that gained a dome and it's a proto. All the others I've had have puddle-topped over time (although I do have a stiffer one that seems like it wants to dome up. I only use it for spikes, might be the difference)

Is yours a proto-run? I also have a Stego that gained a dome and it's a proto. All the others I've had have puddle-topped over time (although I do have a stiffer one that seems like it wants to dome up. I only use it for spikes, might be the difference)

No, but it is an early run. I'll have to look at my proto, I have t thrown it as much and it might not have changed a ton.

All of my others are way puddles as well.

I actually tried one but that was back when I was just starting to play so I'm sure whatever I thought of it back then really wouldn't translate to what I might think of it now. The one I had was oddly domey and I do remember I didn't like it for that reason. Also, I pretty much threw zero forehands back then so I never tried it like that.

Hey, just to spice things up...have you thrown the moonshine harps?

I have not. I've watched some of Kona's practice rounds and they look to have less glide and maybe more fade. I'm full up on approach discs though.

I played a quick round over lunch and really, really like throwing the A2 backhand and forehand. It's such a comfortable disc with that pointed wing like a fairway. On a full (for me) backhand throw it will just turn into headwind, and fade back. The Razor Claw 2 is also very comfortable. Feels shallower than the Harp and less klunky, probably because it's beadless.

None of that compares to my buddy who forgot his discs, asked to borrow a couple to play today. I loaned him a Rainmaker and a Relativity. (He throws a Shryke or Daedalus FH on almost every hole and powers them down.) He aced a 382' with the Relativity!

Here's a weak-sauce flick approach comparison. Turns out I can miss lines with every disc.

I get that you're just trying to show the different discs in a forehand but that basket in the video is definitely a backhand approach for me. No need to bring the slope or that stuff on the right side into play.

I get that you're just trying to show the different discs in a forehand but that basket in the video is definitely a backhand approach for me. No need to bring the slope or that stuff on the right side into play.

Normally I'd be jump putting! This angle isn't anywhere near the designed route for the hole. I picked a place my short makeshift tripod would see the whole shot with light from the correct direction.

I don't find short backhand hyzers very interesting :D