• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee Boxx Vending Machine

That kind of seems like putting vending machines in the candy bar aisle at the grocery store.
If your staff could otherwise handle sales, I'd agree. If you don't want any staff dedicated to the task I don't think it is equivalent.

If your staff could otherwise handle sales, I'd agree. If you don't want any staff dedicated to the task I don't think it is equivalent.

I could see a tiny niche for something like this in a ski resort type course where they might have someone in the lodge taking payment for access and dealing with whatever other summertime visitors a ski hill might have, or maybe even just the bar/grill portion is open. Could
Have the machine set up indoors where it's under constant surveillance but doesn't take up any staff resources. Whether that market is big enough for the kind of overhead you'd have.....

I could see a tiny niche for something like this in a ski resort type course where they might have someone in the lodge taking payment for access and dealing with whatever other summertime visitors a ski hill might have, or maybe even just the bar/grill portion is open. Could
Have the machine set up indoors where it's under constant surveillance but doesn't take up any staff resources. Whether that market is big enough for the kind of overhead you'd have.....
I think the idea is VERY niche. I don't think there's any chance of success for a company hoping to do this alone. The only chance I could see for long term success for something like this would be some sort of situation where a big vending machine company with a machine that can already handle discs decides to re-package some machines as disc golf disc venders, just a re-skin of the machine. For example - if Fastenal saw some profit potential. (they already manage to sell saw blades out of their machines, though I doubt they have something with the "shuffle" function that the tee box machines supposedly had?) I really don't see that happening.

This product made sense in the 80s. Now I can get the exact disc I want online delivered to anywhere I want. If I'm going to buy in person it is for the benefit of actually holding the disc before buying. This machine is the worst of both worlds.

This product made sense in the 80s. Now I can get the exact disc I want online delivered to anywhere I want. If I'm going to buy in person it is for the benefit of actually holding the disc before buying. This machine is the worst of both worlds.

The Knoxville course on the page before was my home course.

The machine was at the first tee, which was a big water carry, so that was theoretically neat. Throw your Star Destroyer in the drink, take a couple steps, swipe your card and get a new one.

I was in my carry 2 or 3 discs phase and I lost a disc on my drive on hole 2. I turned around and walked to the machine, but they only had high speed drivers that I knew that I couldn't control on top and you couldn't rotate discs. And then it was constantly taking people's money.

So good idea, terrible execution.

Maybe I am just the wrong target audience. If I lost my disc on hole 1, my trunk had a better selection than a vending machine. This was true even when I carried three discs per round.

I think most people that carry 2 or 3 discs do so because that is how many discs they own.

I don't know how many times I've seen people walk up, throw their single disc in the water on hole 1, then turn around and get in their car and leave.

Dingus post made me think of something funny.

Does anyone else stash discs in places they are likely to be without their bag? I may or may not have a couple of discs in my wife's car, my office, work suitcase...

Dingus post made me think of something funny.

Does anyone else stash discs in places they are likely to be without their bag? I may or may not have a couple of discs in my wife's car, my office, work suitcase...

I keep a Buzzz in my overnight bag....
Had a couple DX discs I stashed in the trunk until I threw one in a pond and the other got tapped to replace a lost disc.
Usually stash a couple beaters in the kids' stroller.
So, yes

I keep a Buzzz in my overnight bag....
Had a couple DX discs I stashed in the trunk until I threw one in a pond and the other got tapped to replace a lost disc.
Usually stash a couple beaters in the kids' stroller.
So, yes

If I had discovered DG when my kid was younger the stroller and diaper bag would have had a putter or mid in them for sure.