• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

teebird leopard distance comparison

krjones4

While playing yesterday i lost my super beat dx teebird which i was using for understable duties. I was thinking of replacing it with a leopard but was wondering if it was comparable distance wise. Basically am i going to able to fill the same shots with this disc. I used it for turnover shots around 300 feet and the occasional roller. My max distance is about 330 with a champ teebird.

The Teebird is a bit faster than the Leopard, but both have very good glide. You can throw right turning shots very well with the leopard. Whether that disc will do exactly what your beat up dx teebird did, well, you're probably just have to buy one and try it out. That being said, I carry both leopards (or gazelles) and teebirds for my fairway shots.

if youre throwing beat dx teebirds 300 the leopard will likely be even longer since it is a slower disc. The teebird is longer than the leopard but you have to be able to throw it faster to get that extra D.

Whether that disc will do exactly what your beat up dx teebird did, well, you're probably just have to buy one and try it out.

Yeah i know it wont have the exact same flight as my old disc i was just making sure it would be able to make those right turning shots shots at that distance with my current power. Thanks for the input.

krjones4 said:
While playing yesterday i lost my super beat dx teebird which i was using for understable duties. I was thinking of replacing it with a leopard but was wondering if it was comparable distance wise. Basically am i going to able to fill the same shots with this disc. I used it for turnover shots around 300 feet and the occasional roller. My max distance is about 330 with a champ teebird.

The leopard would be a good choice for these type of shots, but if you want something that will be closer to your Teebird, maybe try a Pro Teebird-L.

The discs are comparable. You won't get the same flight characteristics. If you are throwing 300 ish, then the leopard and the bird will not be very different, but you'll notice that the leopard, obviously, will give you an "s" curve more easily than the bird. If you are comfy w the DX bird, don't be quick to change. You can't put a price on being familiar with a disc's capabilities. I'm betting the future of my game on that very thing and I am throwing nothing but champ birds right now for my drives.Stick with what has been good for you!

If you are comfy w the DX bird, don't be quick to change. You can't put a price on being familiar with a disc's capabilities.

Yeah id like to get another one just like it but i think it would take at least a year to get a dx teebird back to that state. And ive got a old proline leopard sitting in my closet with some other random discs ive found out on the corse so im going to give it a try today after work.

Latest posts