• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Teerex, Tee-Rex, CFR Teerex and Teerex X what is the deal?

tumpsi said:
discspeed said:
Dave is happy or continues to tweak until he gets what he wants (which may always change)
heh, the Rex's been out for over 2 years, and still the big D wants to change it.

Something unusual happened to the first mold that made it break or "go bad" or something. Dave wants Teerexes to fly like those first runs and supposedly the new ones do. I just hate that the new ones aren't marked. I also would like to know which champion models have been "stablized" because in some molds I'd look for that and in others I'd avoid it. While we're dumping...Innova East seems to lag 6 months to a year behind Innova West, so if you want something recent you need to order from the west coast.

discspeed said:
tumpsi said:
discspeed said:
Dave is happy or continues to tweak until he gets what he wants (which may always change)
heh, the Rex's been out for over 2 years, and still the big D wants to change it.

Something unusual happened to the first mold that made it break or "go bad" or something. Dave wants Teerexes to fly like those first runs and supposedly the new ones do. I just hate that the new ones aren't marked. I also would like to know which champion models have been "stablized" because in some molds I'd look for that and in others I'd avoid it. While we're dumping...Innova East seems to lag 6 months to a year behind Innova West, so if you want something recent you need to order from the west coast.
What's so hard in marking run numbers in the stamps or in the bottom (like millennium does)?

If the XCal is too stable for you I'd recommend the 12X Star Wraith. They start out overstable but wear nicely. When I was throwing the Teerex, I noticed that the new Star Wraiths were more overstable than the Teerex (which frustrated me...not because of the Wraith but because of the Teerex). The Teerex was just confusing the hell out of me so now I throw the Star Wraith for accurate D and the Star XCal for headwind/hyzer D. They're a pretty good combo.

BIG MACK said:
If the XCal is too stable for you I'd recommend the 12X Star Wraith. They start out overstable but wear nicely. When I was throwing the Teerex, I noticed that the new Star Wraiths were more overstable than the Teerex (which frustrated me...not because of the Wraith but because of the Teerex). The Teerex was just confusing the hell out of me so now I throw the Star Wraith for accurate D and the Star XCal for headwind/hyzer D. They're a pretty good combo.
You're talking about the new Rex's. Old ones are quite a bit beefier than 12x Wraiths, and Xcal is quite a bit beefier than a good Rex. I've thrown an Xcal just a few times, and all of them last summer. Maybe I should give it a chance too.

Ted Damson said:
tumpsi said:
What's so hard in marking run numbers in the stamps or in the bottom (like millennium does)?
it's easy, but they don't wanna do it. they think run numbers are stupid, and tried to talk MILL out of it.

Retailers don't like you to know which discs are which, and run numbers make that easy. If its easy to tell, their shelves will be full of the bad molds as folks pick the good ones out. Then the shops return the bad ones to the disc manufacturer. Plenty of electronics manufacturers do the same sort of thing, replacing old models of the Xbox360 with newer models with HDMI ports without making it clear which is which for instance.

I found it easier to just move away from the Teerex mold. Started throwing Star Wraiths with hyzer, or a Spirit/XXX/other strongly overstable driver.

so the good ones have a sharp nose? the new teerex mold is like the X. anybody ahve the side profile views or a measurement on the lip size to help try and identify the good ones from the bad ones? Also are the stamps no use at all? the handwritten part could be changed? what discraft disc would fit between the teerex and xcal?

elnino said:
so the good ones have a sharp nose? the new teerex mold is like the X. anybody ahve the side profile views or a measurement on the lip size to help try and identify the good ones from the bad ones? Also are the stamps no use at all? the handwritten part could be changed? what discraft disc would fit between the teerex and xcal?
it's very hard to tell by the look. you just have to throw them. dunno about discraft, but i guess the force is closest.