• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 10m Brick

The Brick has its uses, just not very many.
I picked up one and have used it for a time or two and it has probably saved me a few strokes.
I don't necessarily like the disc, but I like the innovation.
Frankly, the 10M Brick is just as useful to me as the latest Speed 14 driver that gets pushed out to suck in all the noobs.

It's definitely a wierd little thing.

The way I putt, pushing out from center and letting the disc just roll off the hand, this disc seems to be doing some good things for me.

With most of the mass centered in the disc, it seems to carry straighter.

It's really like chunking a softball at the basket.

It's still a bit new so time will tell, but I kinda like it.

If you like the center-weight thing, try Quest's 10M Crossfire. Same principle, traditional design.

There was a time when Quest was celebrated for having "revolutionary" designs and "thinking outside of the box." Thinking outside the disc golf box was easy for Steve since he didn't play disc golf. The 10M Brick was just one of the "revolutionary" Quest discs. The Wildfire and Backbone have a bubble top that is designed to be popped up or down depending on the stability you want. The Odyssey series were over-molded discs years before MVP made the Ion. The "Dimple Technology" on the wings was a big deal that was debated for hours on the Internet just a few years ago. The Turbo Putt caused the Technical Standards for discs to be revised. The huge wing on the Double D is the reason 2.6 cm was selected as the max wing length (so Quest wouldn't have the "unfair advantage" of having the biggest legal wing grandfathered in.) The Wheel being denied approval was also debated for hours on end. It seemed like every disc golf web site was buzzing with "what will Quest do next?" There was no shortage of people hailing Quest for pushing disc design forward.

Now, it's easier to see the "revolutionary" Quest discs as golf discs designed by a non disc golfer that no one who actually plays disc golf would want to use. Some of their more conventional discs like the original Inferno are pretty decent, but the SRP plastic is crap. Very few people still throw any of their discs. When Gateway released an illegal disc everybody freaked out, but Quest has at least two illegal drivers out that nobody said a peep about. They have fallen completely off the disc golf map. It funny to think about four years ago and how much time was spent discussing a bunch of discs that basically now are forgotten.

Last edited:
I have 2 Defenders; one basically brand new and I can't give them away. lol

Ahh well. They make for decent new player discs.

I have four 10m bricks in my bag that are in stages of wear

So I guess that means you use it?

You must be the only one by the looks of it.

I haven't even been on a course with this thing yet. I've just thrown about 50 or 60 practice putts with it and it seems to have increased my comfort zone of putting by about 50% instantly. And I have to admit, I think my putting sucks. I don't have a long drive either. I throw about 270-300 on my best days, but reasonably accurate. My up shots (120' and less) are usually putting it within 20' of the basket. Thats my "old" comfort zone. Under 20' and I'm hitting at least 8 or 9 out of 10 putts. But as soon as I started throwing that brick, 30' felt just as natural as 10.
Inside 30' or so I kinda push putt. And by kinda I mean it's not like the videos teach. I push it straight at the basket and let it roll off my hand to impart just enough spin to keep it steady on it's short flight. The way this thing is weighted, it just really seems to fit my putting style.

The funny thing is, as screwed up as everyone thinks this disk is, is probably a testimony as to just how dicked up my putting really is. :rolleyes:

So I guess that means you use it?

You must be the only one by the looks of it.

I haven't even been on a course with this thing yet. I've just thrown about 50 or 60 practice putts with it and it seems to have increased my comfort zone of putting by about 50% instantly. And I have to admit, I think my putting sucks. I don't have a long drive either. I throw about 270-300 on my best days, but reasonably accurate. My up shots (120' and less) are usually putting it within 20' of the basket. Thats my "old" comfort zone. Under 20' and I'm hitting at least 8 or 9 out of 10 putts. But as soon as I started throwing that brick, 30' felt just as natural as 10.
Inside 30' or so I kinda push putt. And by kinda I mean it's not like the videos teach. I push it straight at the basket and let it roll off my hand to impart just enough spin to keep it steady on it's short flight. The way this thing is weighted, it just really seems to fit my putting style.

The funny thing is, as screwed up as everyone thinks this disk is, is probably a testimony as to just how dicked up my putting really is. :rolleyes:

I was kidding. if I were you I would ditch the gimmick putter, its only a crutch.

You can putt with any disc you like, some discs will do nothing but give you the confidence you need to putt consistently. Others will improve your putting, your choices man.

Use what you like and enjoy, to me that is like using a driver or birdie to put.

Rock-it is an excellent quest disc. They make lightweight (110g and up) ones that kids can just absolutely BOMB. Think of a classic-roc with more speed because of the dimples...sweet disc.