• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Do you like your Crank's domey or flat? What distance drivers are you currently carrying (besides the crank)?

The answer is yes. I will use both domey and flat, but mostly I use domey cranks.
I do carry a big z zues at times and I have the new scorch in my bag as well

The answer is yes. I will use both domey and flat, but mostly I use domey cranks.

I have a pancake flat Z crank that is Force level stable. My domey one flies just like the flight numbers say it should.

Looked like you threw quite a few forehands with a Z Force at the Huk Central tourney.

Looked like you threw quite a few forehands with a Z Force at the Huk Central tourney.

And threw it well! I wish the commentators would drop the "mythical MJ forehand" trope. It happens in almost every filmed round MJ is on, like the guy is one of the best golfers on the planet, he can throw a forehand. When Conrad or Barry throws one, then I can see it.

Do you have any idea when the Scorch Protos will come out? I'm eagerly awaiting them as I find the Heat to be too flippy, but the Undertaker to be too unpredictable on whether it will turn or not. The Scorch seems like it will fit right inbetween the Heat and UT.

Do you have any idea when the Scorch Protos will come out? I'm eagerly awaiting them as I find the Heat to be too flippy, but the Undertaker to be too unpredictable on whether it will turn or not. The Scorch seems like it will fit right inbetween the Heat and UT.

I'm not sure on that. I'll have to ask because I want them too

I'm not sure on that. I'll have to ask because I want them too

Please let us know what you find out if they will let you. I really don't want to pay $50+ for a TF to find out I don't like it.

Will you be staying in Madison at all again this summer or was that a one time deal?

Will you be staying in Madison at all again this summer or was that a one time deal?

I was actually up there several years drumming the summer, but with Holly selling her house i don't have my place to stay up there this year. Plus my tour doesn't take me up there this year. With masters worlds being the same time as the preserve and ledgestone

FYI, e-mail today (6/25) from Discraft:

"Introducing the all-new Discraft Scorch! Designed to provide maximum glide with a reliable fade regardless of your skill level. Beginner to Intermediate players will find the Scorch an easy to throw straight-flier that will fight to come back, even in the wind, while Advanced and Professional players can expect high-speed turn and a late finish that will produce amazing distance.

Discraft cannot accept individual orders for the Scorch driver at this time. Discraft will send a supply of First Run Scorch drivers (in Z plastic) with your shipment of golf discs in Cycle 6. This cycle is starting to ship out the week of June 28th.

There is no scheduled release date for the Scorch driver, so you may offer it to your customers as soon as you receive your shipment."

MJ, what's the bag looking like these days? the scorch gonna sneak it's way in?

On a related note in your "in the bag" you said some of the fairways roll in and out, how do you decide? What are some of the factors that make you put one in or take one out? Thanks again for answering questions all these years!

MJ, what's the bag looking like these days? the scorch gonna sneak it's way in?

On a related note in your "in the bag" you said some of the fairways roll in and out, how do you decide? What are some of the factors that make you put one in or take one out? Thanks again for answering questions all these years!

I saw on insta that he had a stack of like 25 scorches ready to test out, so I'd say it's a safe bet to get in the bag

It was my distinct pleasure to be on the same card with you for dubs yesterday morning, MJ. I tried to pay cloose attention, and learn some things without being an obnoxious brown-nosing student who has his hand up constantly. :D
I think the main lesson I took away was that "Slow is Smooth, and Smooth is Fast." You make it look easy... Maybe that's too obvious...
Put another way, I'm much more aware of my own (bad) habits during my run-up, and realized a few things about staying balanced and upright, instead of sort of lunging into a drive...
In any event, you were an excellent, if unwitting, instructor for this old dog, and I appreciate the opportunity.

It was a fun card and I had a blast. Cheers to you and the other players for making it such a welcoming experience.

It was my distinct pleasure to be on the same card with you for dubs yesterday morning, MJ. I tried to pay cloose attention, and learn some things without being an obnoxious brown-nosing student who has his hand up constantly. :D
I think the main lesson I took away was that "Slow is Smooth, and Smooth is Fast." You make it look easy... Maybe that's too obvious...
Put another way, I'm much more aware of my own (bad) habits during my run-up, and realized a few things about staying balanced and upright, instead of sort of lunging into a drive...
In any event, you were an excellent, if unwitting, instructor for this old dog, and I appreciate the opportunity.

It was a fun card and I had a blast. Cheers to you and the other players for making it such a welcoming experience.

It was a good day of sunday funday at the bluff. I enjoyed our group for sure

Good run at Master's Worlds MJ!

Will you be attending next year in Peoria? Would love to watch you take the title down in person.