• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Sorry if this has been asked but there are too many pages to keep up with. Lets say discraft walked up to you and said,

"Sorry MJ, but rit dye called and they are going to sue us unless you drop either banger gt's or comets from your bag."

Which would you choose, if you could only carry one of those two molds?

Ok ok, I was trying to be witty and fell flat. It happens a lot. But I will never give up!!!

That said the serious question. Banger GT, Comet. You are only allowed to carry one of those molds. Which one gets taken out of the bag.

Ok ok, I was trying to be witty and fell flat. It happens a lot. But I will never give up!!!

That said the serious question. Banger GT, Comet. You are only allowed to carry one of those molds. Which one gets taken out of the bag.

That is just a mean question to ask me ! I love both those molds so much and i live in the land of tight wooded courses. Not to mention how far i throw bangers ;)

I guess i could find another putter mold to throw, but that is about the hardest question to answer.

MJ, thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. You've certainly gained a fan (or two or three) here.

Much has been said about how to prepare for tournaments, but too little of that talk is about the mental game. What do you do to prepare yourself mentally for tournaments?

Its easier for me with a softer plastic. But now i putt with ringers , and they are a bit harder than i would like, but i find the softest ones i can

Can't you get Discraft to hook you up? Maybe a run blended with Soft Elite X and ProD? I was under the impression that the Ringer was largely made to replace the Rhyno for you when you switched to DC.

Part of the reason I asked it was watching you crush bangers in the azalea and spring fling vids on youtube. I have to say I'm impressed haha. Thanks for answering, I knew it would be a toughie. Good news is you don't have to and it was only a hypothetical. :)

So MJ, back when you threw Rhynos, what plastic did you prefer for putting, approaches, etc. If you were starting to use Rhynos again now, which ones would you use?

Hey MJ, I have been checking out the tourney coverages mcfly so high does that you are in....You make driving look so easy...actually your putting is like that too...im curious what discs do you use? Would you consider doing a in the bag video and stating what weights you use? it doesn't look like you throw a lot of fast or overstable discs

From earlier in the thread.

D ringer white, 170-172 its my putting putter for next season
D ringer greenish, 170-172, this years putter, it'll come out of the bag in a month or so

Z comet, red- 177+ my stable one, gonna put a new one in soon
Z comet green-177+ doubt it still weighs that much been in the bag since 08
X comet blue 177+
Esp Banger purple- 174ish been in the bag along time
D banger red, 174-174. new one that i am working on beating up
D banger blue. no clue about the weight got it from a friend, really beat
Z banger-175. My stable dog that wont die
Z hornet orange 175ish i think
Z glow buzz- 175-176

Z pred reddish 172ish
Z xl green- older run 174 my fairway driver
esp surge pink- 170-172
esp nuke white first run 174 my roller and trick shot disc
ti nuke purple 175
hurricane 175

my bag changes a fair amount this time of year. i start breaking in disc for next season and working on back ups and newer discs

hows things been Mj? .. here some Comet love for the thread.. give us Mj sig Comets!!!

Attachments

• 0315132026.jpg
    0315132026.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 79
So yesterday, 12/13/2013 about 8 of us went to play at the scrapyard in Matthews, NC, just outside of Charlotte and we just got finished with hole 10-12, not sure which it was, when two people came up to the teepad behind us. We yelled to play through, so we were sitting there shooting the sh*t, we just got finished w/ our last pharmacy school final for the year, so talking about that mainly. We were watching the guys behind us make some killer approach shots from out of the woods when all of sudden I recognized one of them. It was MJ, and he was w/ some girl that made a sick anny shot out of the woods. I said to my friends I know who that is, he is a discraft pro. I had to pull him up on my phone to prove myself. I didn't say anything to him at all as he passed though I knew it was him. So MJ, if you are reading this, if you remember playing the scrapyard on Friday, DEC 13th, and playing through a big group after hole 10...one of us recognized you, and didn't say anything to you...I was kinda speechless ha. I totally regret it not saying anything!!

Hey MJ, out of curiosity. You were sponsored by Physical Flight and carry their bag, but now Physical Flight is no more. Still going to be using that bag or are you switching up your sponsorship to someone else now?

So yesterday, 12/13/2013 about 8 of us went to play at the scrapyard in Matthews, NC, just outside of Charlotte and we just got finished with hole 10-12, not sure which it was, when two people came up to the teepad behind us. We yelled to play through, so we were sitting there shooting the sh*t, we just got finished w/ our last pharmacy school final for the year, so talking about that mainly. We were watching the guys behind us make some killer approach shots from out of the woods when all of sudden I recognized one of them. It was MJ, and he was w/ some girl that made a sick anny shot out of the woods. I said to my friends I know who that is, he is a discraft pro. I had to pull him up on my phone to prove myself. I didn't say anything to him at all as he passed though I knew it was him. So MJ, if you are reading this, if you remember playing the scrapyard on Friday, DEC 13th, and playing through a big group after hole 10...one of us recognized you, and didn't say anything to you...I was kinda speechless ha. I totally regret it not saying anything!!

yeah you should have spoke up.. wont find a nicer guy out there .. disc golf or real life :D