• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Bag of AndyJB 2015 Edition

The touch in Karbon you will find is very similar to a BB Aviar Driver. I was actually putting with those before moving to the Touch. As Tbird said the liquid model is a bit more straight out of the box.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request on Facebook if you have it Andy. Scott Poland

Okay, so I'm ordering a Salient Ember which means I'll have to cut down. For right now I'm still rocking what's in my signature line, and will likely do so for big tournaments or tourneys on unfamiliar courses, but I think for the majority of the year I'll be going with this:

Distance:
-TP Giant, 175g
-BT Giant, 175g
-VIP Sorcerer 168g

Control:
-AJ Tour Series C-PD 175g
-P-PD 172g

Fairway:
-Brinster Teebird, 175g
-Glow Champion (flat) Teebird, 175g
-Champ Teebird, 175g
-Star Teebird, 172g
-Cryo Flatline, 171g

Mids:
-USDGC Rancho Roc, 180g
-Champ Roc3, 180g
-Flat Top DX Roc, 177g
-McPro Roc3, 180g
-Liquid Metal Vaccine, 172g

Putters:
-2x Karbon Touch, 175g
-Liquid Touch, 172g
-Karbon "A" Lockjaw, 175g
-Proton Envy, 172g

Utility:
-Liquid Vein, 175g
-Z BuzzzOS, 177g
-Armor Scale, 172g

That's 22 discs which still is a lot by most standards. But the Ember can hold up to 25, so that will still allow me to add any "security blanket" discs like the Scythe or another Teebird if I need it. Thoughts? Feedback?

What's your take on the Flatline? I'd be curious to hear about its level of stability.

Is the Touch your putting putter? Seems like that's where the biggest changes occurred. I am/will be curious to hear how you're adjusting to the new putters. How often does the Lockjaw come out, and what kind of shots do you use it for? I love the one I have, just wish it came in premium plastic.

Flatline is pretty understable...moreso than advertised. However, I think it's a great disc and its probably Salient's most versatile disc in that I think it can be used effectively by pretty much any skill level. It's got really good glide. I used to replace the Legacy Patriot, and it was an easy transition but that's only because I've literally had that Patriot in the bag since they came out so it's mad worn in. I use the Flatline for powered down hyzerflips (laser beam shots) standard power hyzerflips (straight to late turn) big annys that won't fade at the end and occasional rollers. Mine is in Cryo but I'm chomping at the bit for Salient to run some more in Liquid Metal.

The Touch is indeed my putting putter. The only adjustment was for the better. It's just a little less stable than my big bead Aviars, which works out well for my spin putting with hyzer style. Just in the last week my putting percentage has gone up 6 percent from within 30 feet, and I wasn't a terrible putter to begin with. I use the Liquid Touch for upshots and step putts, where the Karbons are only for putting.

Lockjaw/Claws/Talon depends on the course. I actually have nearly a big a stack of these as I do my Touches because they beat up pretty easily. At first it's just cosmetic damage, but they get understable (and unpredictable) pretty quickly. On my local short course, the Lockjaw comes out a decent amount per round, just because stable lid shots are perfect for a lot of the holes. Some courses it doesn't come out at all. I also use it warm up a little before a round.

Well, things with the Salient Squad didn't work out in the end. I'm still bagging some of their discs, because they are great, but with so many options out there I stuck with what was right for me. The final outcome in the video below:

Drivers:
Westside TP Giant
Westside BT Giant
Westside VIP Sorcerer
Discmania C-PD (Avery Jenkins Edition)
Discmania G-PD

Fairways:
Salient Liquid Vein
Innova Champion Teebird (Steve Brinster Edition)
Innova CFR Glow Champion Teebird
Innova Star Teebird
Innova Champion Teebird
Yikun Phoenix Hu

Mids:
Discraft Z Buzzz OS
Innova Champion Rancho Roc (2006 USDGC)
Innova Champion Roc3
Innova Champion Ontario Roc (2009 USDGC)

Putters:
Axiom Soft Neutron Envy
Axiom Neutron Envy
Reptilian Disc Golf Eraser Scale
Yikun Tiger Line Claws
2x Salient Karbon Touches
Salient Liquid Touch