• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Craze(y) disc formally known as the CD

sunspot said:
Do you think I could drop the EX's and get a PD and the new CD and cover all my shots?

How much further are you throwing the CD's than the EX's?
honestly not all that much further, id say 10 to 20 feet on average, i'll have to see how the new mold S is before i can really make the call but right now i dont have any eagles in, the XXX does help fill that gap though

yeah it isnt a huge distance difference. I just like having the eagles because I know how to work them. basically if the hole is to long for a Roc but under 350 I get an Eagle. You can power down on the CD and get the same results. Looking at distances on holes played this weekend, I think I had only one go 365ish, the rest were all 330-350. but like I said I haven't been focusing on how long I am throwing the disc, just trying to learn the lines it can handle. which right now is almost anything I want.

one of them has lost most of its HSS after today. it has a nice gash on the rim. it will fade right if released somewhat flat. the other will still fight a hyzer release even into a headwind. I don't feel as confident trying to muscle these. I really want a s-craze now, hopefully it will stay in that good spot longer than a week or two(played every day). going to see how it rolls next time i get a chance. until I get an S-CD I will add a CE valk or champ archangel for more stability.

got an S-Craze today. we shall see how it holds up. I don't throw the p-craze that often anymore, been playing wooded courses and that disc can't do well in tunnels. The P plastic lasted about as long as I expected with the valk bottom, which was a disappointment. I think the S plastic should be good for this disc, hold up a lot longer. If I buy more crazes it won't be in P plastic. good disc until it lost almost all of its HSS, then again I put a lot of rounds into this disc on wooded/rocky courses which probably sped things up a lot. still nice for hyzer flips and long turnovers. edit: the s-craze also has a bigger dome, which is promising

brown.gif
brown.gif
brown.gif

brown.gif
brown.gif
brown.gif

brown.gif
brown.gif
brown.gif

brown.gif
brown.gif
brown.gif

brown.gif
brown.gif
brown.gif

I have fallen in love with the new S-Craze. I will probably buy a few more backups over the next few months, but I don't see myself buying any more P-CD. I will still keep a p-craze in the bag since it does have a nice flip to it, but the mold just doesn't hold up like the PD did in the P plastic

dgdave said:
How does the S CD compare to a seasoned/beat P PD?

I know one answer to this without even throwing the S-CD--it is more of an S curve disc. Less HSS, more LSS. On a shot where the P-PD is a laser, it is going to go over a little and come back.

discspeed said:
dgdave said:
How does the S CD compare to a seasoned/beat P PD?

I know one answer to this without even throwing the S-CD--it is more of an S curve disc. Less HSS, more LSS. On a shot where the P-PD is a laser, it is going to go over a little and come back.

aye. cant say it better. I can't always trust the CD on a super tight laser shot. it moves a lot more in the air. but I will say the S-Craze is more forgiving than the P-Craze. Even out of the box I was able to throw it on tighter lines similar to a p-pd type of shot

I put a P CD in my bag today. It's an interesting disc. It's much easier to turn over than the PD, but you can throw it pure and have it track a little to the right then gently fade. The PD really excels at being throw pure for a straight then fade or a straight then straight (when beat). I put the CD in my bag for the straight then straight and straight then right (when beat) shots. From what I saw today, I think this disc will perform in this roll.

I think that if the TL and the Leopard have a speed 9 baby, than this would be it.

Oh, and the new top is much better. I felt like I was gripping a brick with the 1st run CDs.

Timko said:
I put a P CD in my bag today. It's an interesting disc. It's much easier to turn over than the PD, but you can throw it pure and have it track a little to the right then gently fade. The PD really excels at being throw pure for a straight then fade or a straight then straight (when beat). I put the CD in my bag for the straight then straight and straight then right (when beat) shots. From what I saw today, I think this disc will perform in this roll.

I think that if the TL and the Leopard have a speed 9 baby, than this would be it.

Oh, and the new top is much better. I felt like I was gripping a brick with the 1st run CDs.

That sounds interesting, I'll have to test one out when I get the chance. On a different note, I can get those lines with my beat P-PD...I just crush with exaggerated hyzer and it flips up, goes over for a while, and then comes back. I think it will do the go-straight-then-turn-right when its even more beat. For straight shots I smooth it with less hyzer.

I almost aced with this disc today! #10 at Swope Park in the short setting. It's about 320' downhill through a tunnel that turns to the right. I would normally throw my Roc there, but there was a headwind from the left, so I figured I'd give the Craze a shot, and I pured the gap and hit the bottom of the pin. This disc is a whole lot more controllable for turnovers in that 300' range than any of my PDs because it never really fades back. I feel like I have to power my PDs on a shot like this, where the CD is a smooth turnover.

dgdave said:
Is it an S CD?

No, it's the P. I haven't thrown my S yet. I'm also not throwing this disc at full power; it's more in the 70% range. If you overpower it, it's going right.

rusch_bag said:
I am liking my P CDs a lot. I am finding them very workable and are complimenting my PDs perfectly.

That's cool. I got the CD because there's one line the PD's don't excel at, and that's the natural turnover.

After throwing a few rounds, I can say that the Craze P CD pairs well with Star Valkyries, which I use as my distance drivers. The Valkyries are a bit longer but P CDs have more stability, a useful low speed fade, and more reliability in the wind. The P CDs are breaking in fairly quickly, though, so I will try an S CD if I can find them in the low-mid 160s.

The one constant in my bag since I started disc golf last July has been a 150g S CD. It knows how to fly better than I know how to throw it and has been my go to disc for non-standard lines for some time.

Try Disc Golf Values for lower weight CDs.

I have maybe 10 throws with a P CD Craze and I have to say it is a nice disc
I still have 9 P and 5 S in my sale stock that I don't really want to touch but this disc is newish and there does not seem to be much available for trade (and my trades are a little limited)

I will be going out with this disc again on the weekend...being a speed 9 it is probably a bit easier for me to get it up to speed than the Orion so it seemed to have a bit more distance for me

it also seemed to work lines quite well
and was good on both forehand and backhand

the P plastic is quite nice...our courses are not heavily wooded so the P will hold up well
I may give an S a try but I tried an S Orion the other day and it was glideless as compared to the M and Q (different manufacturers but it is still just Innova Pro, Champ, and Star)

Latest posts