• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Curse of the Valkyrie.

LookIhitAtREE

Par Member
150 Star Valk changed my game, upped my distance, aided in my consistency. We got metal twice, me and my Valk. I loved the damn thing. "Loved," yes it is past tense, because I lost the first one at a local course. A guy called me to return it and I was at work, so I texted him and never heard from him again. I was distraught, lost.

I got on DGmuseum and got a used one in a different color. Again I loved it, it was my goto. We had some good times, that Star Valk and me. We played in the park, took trips together, and hung out a few times a week. We got two aces in a week together, I couldn't believe it. We had a thing for sure, and I think my wife was starting to get wise to it.

"Had a thing," yes past tense again you see. We played a beautiful course together in Arkadelphia this Sunday, along a lake and dam. Well, there is another course in Arkadelphia at OBU, and I was like "Hey Valk, Let's go play one or two holes of it just to check it out." We get there and the first hole is like 565, and I throw my baby, goes maybe 275 or so. I throw again and get about 50 from the basket. I'm lining up for the approach / putt and there are a bunch of dumpsters in the way. Normally, I would get out the putter, but I was tired and ready to finish and go, so I spike hyzer my dear valk and "CLANG!" Right into one of the ####### dumpsters.

My wife and I walk over to open the side door and retrieve my plastic lover and the ####### doors are welded shut! 7 foot dumpster, I'm 5'7". Yet again, the Valk is lost, taking with it two ace signatures, and in the process tearing my heart out of my chest and crushing it like shoed spider.

I don't think I'll buy another one for a while.

Cry.

THE END

never leave a soldier behind...

sorry for your loss though.

RIP Star Valk.

Wonders why you didn't toss the wife up an over...

*sarcasm tag* (kinda)

RIP Star Valk.

Wonders why you didn't toss the wife up an over...

*sarcasm tag* (kinda)

I actually pondered climbing the side and holding her by the ankles. There was about a foot of water and two garbage bags in there, and I didn't want to owe her that big. I hate housework.

i got a nice fresh pair of 150g Star Valks at home if you are in need.. get a freshie and a backup :p
... sorry for your loss tho

Maybe time to find something that works for you like a star 150 valk. I don't know how close it would be but have you tried the Diamond Light from Lat64? They make them down to 145g and up to around 159g I think. Might be worth a look.

You couldn't get over a 7 foot dumpster? lol. I'm 5'5 with shoes on and have no ups. But it's easy to dunk on a 7 1/2 foot rim for people our size. You should have at least made the effort man.

I feel you about the 150 valk though. It hands down changed my game. When I lost it, my game went downhill for a looong time. No 150 valk ever flew like my first one. After a while I replaced it for a 150 Orion LF and never looked back. I recommend trying one if you ever came across one.

You couldn't get over a 7 foot dumpster? lol. I'm 5'5 with shoes on and have no ups. But it's easy to dunk on a 7 1/2 foot rim for people our size. You should have at least made the effort man.

I feel you about the 150 valk though. It hands down changed my game. When I lost it, my game went downhill for a looong time. No 150 valk ever flew like my first one. After a while I replaced it for a 150 Orion LF and never looked back. I recommend trying one if you ever came across one.

would you jump into a foot of garbage water though

An Ace disc I could see left behind? No way, not unless it was in a shark pen.

You sir need a golden retriever.

I have never walked away from a disc knowing where it was. I few have vanished, but if it's therei'm getting it....where there is a will there's a way man.
Sad to let go of anace disc.

$15 worth of plastic down the drain or run the risk of standing in a foot of disease infested garbage water for who knows how long? No thanks, it's just plastic, regardless of the number of aces it's had. It's not like we're talking CE 1st run Valk here.

17229134.jpg

I would've at least tried to get a big stick and drag the bottom of it maybe hitting it and pushing it against the wall of the dumpster...shoot...I climbed a 60ft tree trying to get a wizard out of it after trying to hyzer spike it for practice from the parking lot to hole 27 (island green) at Tyler....funniest thing in the world...threw it too wide and up it stayed in the pine trees until we finally got it down with a baseball...I probably wasted two hours trying to get that sucker down from every angle....people just walked by laughing and some even stopped to throw it few times...many my arm was trashed after that fiasco...thanks Joe M. for being left handed and having a good toss!!