• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Curse of the Valkyrie.

There is no such thing as a "lost" disc, just a person that quit trying............. =-)

THat's why you buy a whole bunch of backup discs. Just get 10 and you wont need to worry for a while :D

I would have gotten it back. Seeing how it was in a dumpster, it wasn't going anywhere fast. I would have come back with a ladder, sat on the edge, pulled the ladder over, and got it. If the nasty water was the problem, knee high waders would have done the trick. I am 6'1" 254. I probably could easily climbed into it, but sometimes with dumpsters, you never can be sure what you are getting into.

I say lets take it easy on the guy. he has gone through a traumatic experience and come here for support. not to be made fun of for leaving a favorite disc to rot in a cesspool for all eternity.

That poor Valkyrie is sitting alone, cold and in a dumpster. If you're not going to go in and rescue that thing, then maybe you were never fit to own a Valk to begin with. ;)

I waded almost ball sack deep into nasty, scum covered, partially frozen pond water to fetch my Super Soft Wizard. Ever seen where Rambo gets dipped into dookie water in First Blood Part 2? It was...not that bad, but damn close.

im-a-quitter1.jpg

I was an hour from home in a car that would not hold a ladder even if I had gone and bought one. The only "stick" around was a twelve foot peice of steel i couldn't lift, I tried. There were wasps everywhere in between the dumpsters and I hate them. I left it. I kept walking back trying to figure it out. Just means I'll have to get two more aces.

She's gone, forever.

Cue "Tears in Heaven..."

Some of you are mean. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe time to find something that works for you like a star 150 valk. I don't know how close it would be but have you tried the Diamond Light from Lat64? They make them down to 145g and up to around 159g I think. Might be worth a look.

this. My 150 Valks used to be my favorite discs . . . I got a couple of Diamond Lights (148 & 153), and I now I hardly ever throw the Valks anymore.

I was an hour from home in a car that would not hold a ladder even if I had gone and bought one. The only "stick" around was a twelve foot peice of steel i couldn't lift, I tried. There were wasps everywhere in between the dumpsters and I hate them. I left it. I kept walking back trying to figure it out. Just means I'll have to get two more aces.

She's gone, forever.

Cue "Tears in Heaven..."

Some of you are mean. ;)

This reads like one of those "When I was your age" stories. Would somebody just send the guy a Valk already.

Name Details Number Price Sub-Total
Wraith Innova , Blizzard Champion , Standard , 138 , Yellow 2 @ $13.99 $27.98
--------------------------------------------------------
SubTotal: $27.98
USPS Mail -- Free Shipping: $0.00
Discount: -$0.27
--------------------------
Order Total: $27.71

There ya go - i got two

:clap::clap::clap:

She's gone, forever.

Cue "Tears in Heaven..."

Some of you are mean. ;)

Well there is some hope still. I go to OBU and play there just about every day. As of today they hadn't dumped the dumpster. I'll do my best to retrieve the disc for you, no promises though. I took a pic today of the dumpsters. Which one did it happen to go into?
dumpsters-1.jpg

Last edited:
Far right (next to the little short fence), the disc was in the front right corner.

You don't have to do that, man, but if you do get it, thank you and I would give you some bucks or a couple discs. :)