• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

plasti-dip is good, but i used Rhino Lining, the stuff you line truck beds with :cool: it's beefy now. no water, no holes from jagged rocks or RIBAR! that is sticking out of the ground on hole 8!

Rhino-Lining is a specific product name, but you can find similar products at some auto parts stores. Many Jeep owners do this to the interior for the same cleaning reasons; I never did mine, but I know the local 4x4 shop and auto stores have had these kind of products. Other types: Line-X, Herculiner.

Anyone have any suggestions on slight mods I can do to a starter bag? Just picked up DG about a month or two ago but I've been going to the course at least once a day. I was thinking about putting something for a towel, an extra bottle of water, and extra cushion for the strap if not a backpack strap.

Bringin this thread back to life...surely some of you have some new sweet mods out there.

I need some ideas. I have a kong..but I can't stand carrying SO many discs and I have a quite a bit of free space in the main compartment. I am trying to think of something I can mod for maybe some extra storage space..while keeping the discs from moving around too much. I was thinking something in the middle of the compartment. Any ideas?

I don't have a picture, but Ashleigh used a small tupperware box in the middle of her bag to make storage space and keep fewer discs in it without having them fall over. She has a fade tourney that now has room for about 12-14 discs and extra room for stuff. Easy to put in and take out.

I am trying to think of something I can mod for maybe some extra storage space..while keeping the discs from moving around too much. I was thinking something in the middle of the compartment. Any ideas?

I also don't like to carry very many discs and opted to put a small cooler pack in the center of the bag. It holds two Gatorades lying down. I also have a taller cooler pack that can hold about 3 beers standing up. :thmbup:

dsc01754.jpg

dsc01759.jpg

dsc01769.jpg

nice ya I was thinking something like that...just couldn't find one that fit perfectly...i might try that one out

Sweet. Could you by any chance tell me how wide it is?...curious to see if I can fit 2 in there heh

I don't have a picture, but Ashleigh used a small tupperware box in the middle of her bag to make storage space and keep fewer discs in it without having them fall over. She has a fade tourney that now has room for about 12-14 discs and extra room for stuff. Easy to put in and take out.

I did the same thing, a round tupperware container about 8 inches diameter. 3 or so inches tall. It sits in the middle of the bag separating my mids from my drivers.

Works like the cooler above..

I carry a Crunch and use a shoulder strap. I don't like quads (I bought and gave away to my son).

I carry the bag on a shoulder, for long walks, I'll stick my head through and carry cross shoulder with bag on the side, sometimes bag in the back like if it was set up like quads.

Anyway, I have added a small climbing runner (sewn loop) that is about 10" with a piece of clear plastic tubing on it and two small tiny screw gate carabiners so that if I don't want to shoulder the bag, it will carry like a purse or a briefcase.

It works really well on the second shot on...

Very worth the effort.

I also don't like to carry very many discs and opted to put a small cooler pack in the center of the bag. It holds two Gatorades lying down. I also have a taller cooler pack that can hold about 3 beers standing up. :thmbup:

dsc01754.jpg

Did you make that frame? That's one thing im gonna have an issue with. I don't really have a frame with seperators..which is just gonna cause my discs to collapse when stuff is removed. I need to come up with something...

I love seeing all these bag mods. I'm probably gonna start working on some mods soon. Definitely gonna do the plasti-dip and add a few patches. Other than that it will probably take some time to determine what is going to be worth while to add.

I have added a small speaker that holds my MP3 player when we feel like having music on the course. Got it at Walgreens for $6 I believe and it works great. It holds the MP3 player (cheapy) along with extra batteries and has a hard case to prevent any damage.

dsc01769.jpg

Did you make that frame? That's one thing im gonna have an issue with. I don't really have a frame with seperators..which is just gonna cause my discs to collapse when stuff is removed. I need to come up with something...

That's an Innova frame/divider setup and came with the "Champion" bag. I don't think it'd be too tough to make something like it though. The tubing is aluminum, and I know I've seen similar tubing at Orchard Supply Hardware.

Next chance I get, I'll check out the hardware store and see about making a frame as I could use it for one of my other bags.

Santa should be dropping off my Spike Hyzer Cooler Bag anytime now, and I'll likely be looking at sealing the bottom. I'll have to see what it's like first, but I'm pretty stoked to get it.

It should take at least five strokes off my score.

Maybe six if I set up a sweet music dock.

Anyone have any cool MP3/iPod mod sugguestions?