• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The DGCR Mold: Let's build a disc!

I'd say a Utility disc, that way everyone could bag one or have fun with one and not have to kick out their favorite mold or a disc in the lineup.

See Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor. :D

I'd love to see a Faction style lid. AKA Polecat clone. Or an understable mid to pair with the Gila.

So I just sketched something... this is what I was hoping for :)
22cm diameter, small thumbtrac, neutral, slightly less glide than a normal lid. Fossil Fuel.
17352098_1441581485913921_1972403854947098402_n.jpg

Most OS driver EVER made. Take that beastly Spirit wing, create a little drop down just inside the wing on the flight plate to kill the glide. Boom! The Stego of drivers is born.

Call it the Spineasaurus.

Why less glide?

And yes, fossil or fossil fuel for sheezy

There are several good options that have great glide. In the name of making something slightly different than anything else on the market, A low glide alternative seems like it could give you pinpoint Percision and the ability to better hit landing zones.

There are several good options that have great glide. In the name of making something slightly different than anything else on the market, A low glide alternative seems like it could give you pinpoint Percision and the ability to better hit landing zones.

Well ok then. I'm sold :D

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how many people would be interested in a low-profile lid? I personally like the low profile of the Discraft Ringer. Anyone interested in a Ringer lid?

Lid neutrality, more float from large diameter, slightly more speed from low profile. Sounds like a great one disc round candidate.

Low profile, polecat-like lid in Fossil or PWP.
Actually, I can see this... a low profile, fairly neutral putter.

There seems to be reasonably decent demand for low profile putters.

Marmoset's CAD looks like it could almost match as a DGCR Nova. I would LOVE a Faction-team Nova. (as a non-overmold) The Nova flies so well, and so unique, but the feel just isn't right for me. The Serpent is a very similar disc, but has much less glide, and still picks up some fade at the end. If I could find a more comfortable Nova replacement, it would make my bag instantly. No turn, no fade, glide is up for debate. I'd prefer more glide, but a DGCR Polecat sounds tasty.

100% behind the lid polecat type disc
Fossil would be perfect just be sure it is a plastic that could be molded in lower weights many i.e. Myself prefer their lids lightweight

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how many people would be interested in a low-profile lid? I personally like the low profile of the Discraft Ringer. Anyone interested in a Ringer lid?

Lid neutrality, more float from large diameter, slightly more speed from low profile. Sounds like a great one disc round candidate.

As long as we call it the Woodcock, I'm in.

Re-tooled Warrior called the Keyboard Warrior or a VGroove3 called the N00b Pwner. /jk

Yeah, count me in on the Faction Polecat clone. A Polecat with the RDG top would be...interesting. Lids and groove tops can be oil and water though b/c GTs murder glide and lids live on glide. It's a big reason why the Polecat takes a dump on the Birdie (that and the awesome stamp discrepancy).

Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, we make Fossil Nebulae and name them after the guy with the 4th most posts on DGCR. :|