• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yes, that'd be great! i got my daughter white 125g buzzz and dyed it pink... i think that dora would look great on the bottom. if you could send it to me that'd rock

here today, gone tomorrow...
sidewalk chalk art, bubbles, love notes from your favorite skywriter, the best downtown graffiti...
Dude I hate to tell ya but someday even the Mona Lisa is gonna be a fuzzy blob.

Me, I do it because I enjoy the whole process of creation, and I really do believe my dyed plastic flies better, it is filled with my creative energy!

Besides I'll probably lose it before it's a fuzzy blob...

Well said Dan, it's really all about the process. I've done some stuff that's taken me 5-6 hours of straight cutting, and I'd been doing a lot of dyeing and was cutting fast at the time. It was really all about having done it, seeing it when it was done, and knowing it was going to a good thing (helping finish our course). No biggie on things fading, the fridge/freezer trick work pretty well to slow it down, and it just is what it is.

Sick work lately Dan, you're dyes have really gone to the next level as of late. My hats off to you.

So here's the first few off the blocks, did some simpler stuff to get back into the swing of it.

SSS Wizard:
SS%20Wizard%20-%20Disc%20Giant.jpg

Cryztal Buzzz:
Cryztal%20Buzzz%20-%20Zim.jpg

And just finished this up for a commissioned dye:
Star%20Katana%20-%20Cardinals.JPG

Ahhhh you beat me to it. That was one of the first I downloaded before I started dyeing. I've been wanting to do that for a while but end up looking for more complex pieces when I actually start a dye

hehe, well it just wasn't enough by itself, I shrunk it and put it inside the triangles and it helped.

How do you guys line up your stencils so perfectly? I have black vinyl so it's a b*tch sometimes...

Also, I screwed this one up, but I decided to go ahead and dye it because I thought it still looked cool:

207775_979104739300_20915411_45560275_6451701_n.jpg

I have a light blue opto river coming in the mail, does anyone have suggestions as to what colors dyed might make it stand out? Im not looking to dye it myself but commission someone for the work.

@ Hyzer. If the disc is see-through, I'll put a black pen mark on the sticky side of the vinyl so I can place the center of the disc on the pen mark (peel the vinyl and lay it on the counter, sticky side up). If it's not a see-through disc, I poke a hole with my exacto blade in the center of the stencil, hold it up with the knife, sticky side up, and place the knife point on the center of the disc. If the part of my stencil that I poked a hole in needs to stay on the disc, I cover it with a piece of scrap vinyl.

been missing your insanity burntneuron, this one is nice!

Here is another from the crop circle archives, I'm having fun with these.
orangevalksDSC_7159.jpg

That's sick Dan, I might have to steal that idea. Love the color work on all those triangles.

I forgot to post this guy last night, another one of the simple guys on an 11x TeeBird. Love the banksy rats, seemed to work with the factory dye job that I had to jazz up.

Champ%2011x%20TeeBird%20-%20Banksy%20Rat.jpg

Just excellent where you put that rat! I hate working with factory dyes but that's making good use of it.

Last edited:
Thanks, I hate them too. I'd been needing a teebird and this was the best one in the stack of used discs I was doing and I knew I could make use of the space, so for $6 in trade I jumped on it.

I have a light blue opto river coming in the mail, does anyone have suggestions as to what colors dyed might make it stand out? Im not looking to dye it myself but commission someone for the work.

Like this one? I actually just did it last night

218118_979639298040_20915411_45565917_1274779_n.jpg

216451_979639362910_20915411_45565918_5399686_n.jpg

Also, thanks for giving me a centering technique.

I like 'em hyzer, interesting color placement!

I've asked about this one enuf times, figured I better do it.
FSMsDSC_7169.jpg

May you be touched by his noodly appendage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts